Search found 113 matches

by Mozart von Robot
Thu Sep 17, 2026 8:46 am
Forum: Devs
Topic: Broad, non-Buzz-related question about audio software programming
Replies: 2
Views: 187

Re: Broad, non-Buzz-related question about audio software programming

After a bit of research, I'm thinking PlugData is where I should start. That seems accessible and should be able to do what I need, with a surmountable learning curve.
by Mozart von Robot
Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:53 pm
Forum: Devs
Topic: Broad, non-Buzz-related question about audio software programming
Replies: 2
Views: 187

Broad, non-Buzz-related question about audio software programming

What's the learning curve these days, for learning programming? What's the state of visual scripting platforms? Is there a good one, good enough to build a standalone tracker with a sample recorder and editor (that could for example run on an SBC), that's not insanely difficult to learn compared to ...
by Mozart von Robot
Wed Aug 19, 2026 12:11 am
Forum: Devs
Topic: ReBuzz
Replies: 136
Views: 3857455

Re: ReBuzz

Is there an alternative to using Groove 1? I love me some swing, and I especially love that Buzz can do adjustable 8th swing and 16th swing both at the same time to create fun, wonky rhythms, so if there's a way (other than automating tempo) to do that in ReBuzz too, that would be awesome and I'd lo...
by Mozart von Robot
Tue Aug 18, 2026 11:35 am
Forum: Users
Topic: Anyone else recently having difficulties getting Buzz to even start?
Replies: 3
Views: 4094

Anyone else recently having difficulties getting Buzz to even start?

I reboot. I try to start buzz. An error message pops up, something about the pattern sequencer XP thing not working, and there are VST's missing. So I close and I try to open it again to see if it fixes itself. It doesn't start at all. I check the task manager. It's there. I wait. Nothing. I force e...
by Mozart von Robot
Mon Mar 09, 2026 5:35 pm
Forum: Devs
Topic: new pvst beta (updated 28-Feb-2026)
Replies: 623
Views: 14417236

Re: new pvst beta (updated 28-Feb-2026)

Downloaded the update (telling Firefox to ignore the warning). Installed it. VST3's are now showing up. However, I'm having problems with recording automation. As in, Buzz sometimes just freezes entirely when trying to play back automation just after it's been recorded. I've been having issues with ...
by Mozart von Robot
Sun Dec 28, 2025 1:37 pm
Forum: Devs
Topic: new pvst beta (updated 28-Feb-2026)
Replies: 623
Views: 14417236

Re: new pvst beta (updated 21-Dec-2025)

I don't know if this is related or useful at all, but just in case it is, there's this...
Image
Followed by this...
Image
I can't say I know what any of it means.
by Mozart von Robot
Thu Dec 25, 2025 9:55 pm
Forum: Devs
Topic: new pvst beta (updated 28-Feb-2026)
Replies: 623
Views: 14417236

Re: new pvst beta (updated 21-Dec-2025)

Latest version downloads are getting blocked by chrome for being supposedly "dangerous". I can only assume this is a false flag, but just thought I'd mention it.
ETA: Also tried in Firefox. Says it contains a virus or malware.
by Mozart von Robot
Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:42 pm
Forum: Devs
Topic: Pattern XP mod
Replies: 352
Views: 1081536

Re: Pattern XP mod

Since the Windows 11 update, Buzz just closes (without error message) when I click the chord dialog button. Anyone else having this?
by Mozart von Robot
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:09 am
Forum: Devs
Topic: Just a quick question for the dev community...
Replies: 1
Views: 36709

Just a quick question for the dev community...

This button... https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/alvy5I2EwUkU.png It does nothing. Does anybody know if it can be patched? Is there already a wavetable update floating around that I'm not aware of? The ability to play a selection of a sample before trimming it would be incredibly useful. Currently, you j...
by Mozart von Robot
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:46 pm
Forum: Devs
Topic: Some note on/off bugs that keep happening
Replies: 0
Views: 8931

Some note on/off bugs that keep happening

I'm not a dev (sorry) so I don't know if this is a Buzz issue or an issue with particular plugins, but I've noticed these similar issues with Sample Grid 3 beta 1 and Jeskola Qsamo and with Polac VSTi hosting OT Strings or Spitfire LABS where notes will either hang and just not stop, or not play. Th...
by Mozart von Robot
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:08 pm
Forum: Users
Topic: Using different inputs from the audio interface?
Replies: 4
Views: 16829

Re: Using different inputs from the audio interface?

mcbpete wrote: ↑Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:44 pm Right click on the '0' that appears halfway between the machine and the machine cable 'arrow':

Image
Oh, wow! This changes everything. I never even noticed that (0) thing. Thank you so much! I'm definitely gonna experiment with this.
by Mozart von Robot
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:50 pm
Forum: Users
Topic: Using different inputs from the audio interface?
Replies: 4
Views: 16829

Re: Using different inputs from the audio interface?

Polac ASIO In is deprecated, you want Polac Audio In (which, perhaps confusingly in this context, will dynamically rename itself to "Polac ASIO In" once you drop it into the Machine View, as long as you're using the Polac ASIO driver in View > Preferences > Wave Output). Okay, but I still...
by Mozart von Robot
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:09 am
Forum: Users
Topic: Using different inputs from the audio interface?
Replies: 4
Views: 16829

Using different inputs from the audio interface?

How do I put this? Where do I begin? I have an RME Babyface (the older model) audio interface. These are its inputs: Analog (1+2) SPDIF/ADAT (1+2) ADAT (3+4) ADAT (5+6) ADAT (7+8) Thanks to the RME TotalMix FX software that came with the interface, I can route virtual outputs back into those digital...
by Mozart von Robot
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:11 pm
Forum: Users
Topic: Error message: "Encountered an improper argument"
Replies: 3
Views: 6245

Re: Error message: "Encountered an improper argument"

Okay, this is weird. I tried saving on a different hard drive, and there was no error. Why would it be happening only on the hard drive where I keep my buzz project folder?
by Mozart von Robot
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:35 am
Forum: Users
Topic: Error message: "Encountered an improper argument"
Replies: 3
Views: 6245

Error message: "Encountered an improper argument"

New computer. Windows 10. This happens when I try to save anything in Buzz: https://scontent-cph2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/110667197_3394283973926955_7492257490652977721_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=6Zx91h0sBiUAX_bcT_m&_nc_ht=scontent-cph2-1.xx&oh=1e7c197d47ca3bce38c0fed0a...
by Mozart von Robot
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:36 pm
Forum: Devs
Topic: Bugfix: Envelope gets destroyed when replacing a sample
Replies: 2
Views: 8358

Re: Bugfix: Envelope gets destroyed when replacing a sample

Oh wow, you know how to make alterations to the wavetable view? I'm not sure if I have any samples with envelope, except maybe multisample .xi files that won't load anyway, to test this with, but you wouldn't happen to know how to make this button do anything, would you? https://cdn.imgpaste.net/202...
by Mozart von Robot
Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Forum: Users
Topic: Buzz and keyboards without numeric keypads; +/- don't work.
Replies: 1
Views: 3624

Buzz and keyboards without numeric keypads; +/- don't work.

I'm currently, for desk space reasons (though someone with a small laptop might be in the same situation), using a keyboard without a numeric keypad (I can't seem to find a small enough Swedish keyboard that has one, that doesn't run on batteries; you'd think it'd be possible to just make a USB vers...
by Mozart von Robot
Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:25 am
Forum: Users
Topic: Portability
Replies: 29
Views: 56483

Re: Portability

I moved things around a bit. Here's a picture of the current makeshift setup:
Image
ETA: Obviously, I have to put the insert key back when using Buzz, but it's really annoying while typing.
by Mozart von Robot
Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:56 am
Forum: Users
Topic: Portability
Replies: 29
Views: 56483

Re: Portability

just a NUC and a mess sounds like a pic worth seeing XD Well, you wouldn't be able to see it all in one pic. Technically, it's multiple messes and a lot of it is standing under other things. Also, there's the camera thing. On top of the base of the gutted laptop I'm using as a monitor, there's a pl...
by Mozart von Robot
Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:47 pm
Forum: Users
Topic: Portability
Replies: 29
Views: 56483

Re: Portability

sounds wild. pics? :) There'll be pics when there's anything worth taking pics of. As it is at the moment, there isn't much to look at, just a NUC and a mess. I need to get a hold of my old Lego to get further with this. I figure the next step should be some kind of makeshift case for the 7" s...