Finding best WineASIO routing settings from buze 0.5.9 to...

bozz

Finding best WineASIO routing settings from buze 0.5.9 to...

Post by bozz »

... to Reaper. Now finally after succeeding in routing WineASIO from buze 0.5.9 to Reaper in ubuntu 14.04 LTS in wine it is time to find which preferences and settings should be used to achieve best sound quality. The goal is not to 'waste' any sound quality unnecessarily. I have to experiment a bit, doing various comparisons. This is the place for it. If you have any suggestions they are always welcome. Thanks.

1. Finding best settings in buze 0.5.9
2. Finding best compatible settings in latest Reaper.

Some questions:
a) Should I use 16 or 24 bit? Or even more? My initial guessing would be 24 bit? But what happens if I am selecting inside buze 0.5.9 only 16 bit and in Reaper 24 bit recording? Do I waste sound quality? Will changing in buze 0.5.9 to 24 bit really improve sound quality?
b) Should I use 44.1, 48 or 96 kHz? Again do I have to use exact same settings in both programs, buze 0.5.9 and latest Reaper?
c) Which settings I need in WineASIO? Exact same?
d) Which settings I need in JACK? Exact same?
e) During monitoring in Reaper, should I look at input meters or output meters in the mixer? What if some meters are 'distorting', does that really matter or can we just ignore them, as long as we like the sound in our ears?

All above is for real-time WineASIO routing from buze 0.5.9 to latest Reaper in wine. The other question would be, what are best non real-time 'rendering' settings for buze 0.5.9 if we want to render out files, for later importing into Reaper. Then comparing both methods, the above real-time recording against this non real-time rendering? What are advantages and disadvantages in both cases? Where we have more fun? Where we have more sound quality? Or can we also have fun together with highest sound quality? The point here is, not to say in 5 years, ooh, why did I not mix all the time like this, this way everything sounds much better and crispier?
magmavander

Re: Finding best WineASIO routing settings from buze 0.5.9 t

Post by magmavander »

Wouldn't it be more useful to you to search in Buzé forums ? Or the Buzé IRC on EFnet ?
You will have more chances to find some Buzé user's.
:idea:
bozz

Re: Finding best WineASIO routing settings from buze 0.5.9 t

Post by bozz »

For me buzz or buze are same, especially if you stick to buze 0.5.9, where sequencer view is like in buzz. Ok, buze - buzz: 2 - 0, you have seen probably in my other topics, for wine users.