[solved] Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (async)

HerrFornit

[solved] Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (async)

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi experts,

now I bought my new USB2.0 audio interface. But-hearing songs in BUZZ its terrible and I had a all-night long driver session :cry: Playing mp3 via VLC is good. Even the directx realtek onboard sound was then worse in buzz!? Tried many buffer size setting, no success.
Today I found out, that I can have stable sound without heavy cracks and jumps by using the 2+3 U(async) setting in the POLAC ASIO. :) I set also the ASIO settings in the Steinberg interface to low buffer size 96 (for low latencies near 10 msec). 'The time critical priority' is needed probably. Going down to 2+2 or 64 samples some crackles come in. CPU power or RAM is definitely not the problem! 4core, 3.7 GHz, 8GB dual channel. WIN10x64.

But, I don't understand what this 2+3(async) means ?
And there are, even with big buffer size, still some little high crackles, that haven't been there before. Like electro-static crackles of records. How can I get them rid of. Some effects have high inputs, but that has been the same before installing the audio interface.
ASIO Settings.jpg
ASIO Settings.jpg (20.82 KiB) Viewed 17545 times
Last edited by HerrFornit on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
boombaxx

Re: Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (async)

Post by boombaxx »

Depends on your computer speed and number of cores set it 2 sync and increase the latency settings in the control panel till the crackling stops, that setting u have on is to increase the latency by factor of 3 12 ms would be 36 4 48 and so on. it's used to get more performance when making tracks that use all your cpu power
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi boombaxx,

thanx for reply.
Yes, I tried this. Unfortunately in some promlemsongs, I cant get rid off the crackles totally even with highest latencies (2048). Some little crackles remain.
In some songs I can go to 128. I handn't this with onboard chip!.

If there is a chance to get it better with an other audio interface? Then I would change it.

My CPU is at 10% only. Buzz CPU monitor says in most cases around 50% (20-65%).

I use often VST instruments and effects.
polac

Post by polac »

Today I found out, that I can have stable sound without heavy cracks and jumps by using the 2+3 U(async) setting in the POLAC ASIO. :) I set also the ASIO settings in the Steinberg interface to low buffer size 96 (for low latencies near 10 msec). 'The time critical priority' is needed probably. Going down to 2+2 or 64 samples some crackles come in. CPU power or RAM is definitely not the problem! 4core, 3.7 GHz, 8GB dual channel. WIN10x64.

But, I don't understand what this 2+3(async) means ?
And there are, even with big buffer size, still some little high crackles, that haven't been there before. Like electro-static crackles of records. How can I get them rid of. Some effects have high inputs, but that has been the same before installing the audio interface.
2+3(async) mode does introduce some more latency,in this case the latency is 96 + (3 * 96) = 384 samples. The audio also gets processed in an separate worker thread instead of directly in the asio thread(2(sync) mode). Whats odd is that a big buffer size of 2048 in sync mode is causing crackles and 384 samples in async mode is working properly.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

polac wrote: 2+3(async) mode does introduce some more latency,in this case the latency is 96 + (3 * 96) = 384 samples. The audio also gets processed in an separate worker thread instead of directly in the asio thread(2(sync) mode). Whats odd is that a big buffer size of 2048 in sync mode is causing crackles and 384 samples in async mode is working properly.
Yes that's strange.

Ok, Got some news. I found out, that at least one VSTeffect, the beloved cs12 equalizer is responsible for many artefacts. Especially when several instances are running within the same song. With this, its impossible to increase the sample rate more than 44.1000, because of heavy noise. Maybe that's the reason, why increasing the buffer size is of limited effect.

Now the sound is "quiet good", but about 1-3 times in a song there are still little high crackles.

But, is that normal ??? And: Is there a good chance that with other audio interfaces, all this is not the case. (For example the recommended Roland Rubix22) ???
Or do I have to live with it?
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

New suspect: (after crackles came back)

USB Coolermaster Gaming Mouse Pro L Software with high poll rate, Maybe the USB WLAN, too.

Put both at the front USB 3.0 now. Deinstalled the Coolermaster Software. Reinstalled (again) the Interface driver - unplugged CM mouse an WLAN stick before. restart ....

Maybe it helps.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

It didnt help.

I have a free Ableton Lite license. The crackle comes rather rarely, but its also there.

I send it back an look for an USB 3.0 AI.

Thanx for hints!
domtron

Post by domtron »

My sweet spot regarding soundcard buffer seems to be 256.In Buzz i always need to set it to 2+1 async (as opposed to ableton) otherwise i also get some crackles.Then i'm able to have the CPU peaking up to 40% (which i avoid if possible) without crackles but only if the cores are (more or less) balanced.Sometimes it happens that one core is processing too much.Clicking on Buzz's "Disable Audio Devices" (F12) one or two times often helps to re-balance the cores.Also a simple "save" seems to work well.
When the cores are balanced Windows 10 does a great job in keeping them balanced while working in a session..
This is my experience with an RME AIO (on different computers,also on a i7-3930K) and a Audient ID4 which behave similar,minus some ms better latency for the RME card.
Oh,and closing the task manager helps too.

Interestingly.For a while i worked on a Asus J1900 Board (to be forced to work with limited resources :lol: ) with my Yamaha Ag03 and i could push the CPU by far more than i ever was able to do it on a much stronger i7.

Wifi USB can be a bad thing,there are many reports about audio/asio related problems,some Asus USB-Wifi devices can work though but i avoid Wifi.

My routine when working with Windows and low latency audio is always to start Windows and let it do its start up routine for about 20 minutes (checking the task manager) ,after a while when the CPU is idle i check the maintenance window too,to see if Windows got its job done.So don't touch a mouse or keyboard otherwise Windows will stop maintenance.

I'm currently working on a i7-7700 and i'm using the inbuilt GPU,There are sometimes glitches,at least a heavy CPU strain with certain VST GUI's but this isn't bothering me.

I haven't read much comments on about how much CPU people are able to use with low latency audio but there is a certain sweet spot which i'm able to work.

Btw,before Windows 1803 i needed to manually stop the Superfetch service because i got a huge glitch every 10 minutes or so .Superfetch comes back after a restart but i'm avoiding any tweaking that's why i only stop the service.
With 1803 it seems to be much better but i only want to mention it.

Regarding USB 3 interfaces.You should thoroughly read about them if there are any problems.Usually USB 2 for a small interface is the way to go (at the moment).

I'm also using a gaming mouse, a Logitech G502 without a problem.

One more thing to mention.In Windows 1803 there is a new "ultimate performance mode" power plan which i find helps stabilizing.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate- ... power-plan

All in all,working with low latency isn't simple at all.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi domtron,

thanx a lot for your detailed post!
Oh man, didn't think, that it is so complicated.

I did try a lot, even deactivating the USB3.0 port and onboard sound in BIOS, deactivating LAN and Wifi etc.
Didnt know, that latency is so depend on background process in days of multicore and SSD.

Perhaps I should buy a new motherboard... its an AsRock b85m-itx, only one PCIe slot. Or a new computer.
by the way, the problems occurred also with my laptop.
I have a look at the Audient ID4...
domtron

Post by domtron »

You are welcome :D

I prefer the 1151 platform (yours is So.1150),I'm also using a itx,Asus H170i-Pro.

There are cases that a interface driver can make huge problems on some boards just because (for example) when the driver is badly written.

The UR12 should have a similar driver to my Yamaha AG03 interface they are written by Yamaha too,try to use the Wasapi driver in Buzz and see if it makes any difference.

Did you work with your on board sound card? Did you use the standard Windows driver? Seems like you had not so much problems with that configuration.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Yes, I did use onboard Realtek chip for buzzing and sometimes a Roland A49 keyboard.

I mostly used it with directX sound driver, it is more stable.
Now I'm not sure any more if I had the error with ASIO onboard, too, because perhaps it did not appear because I used ASIO not often and without many instruments/effects.
Now the crackles appear with onboard sound, too. After deinstalling the yamaha driver, it was there for directX driver, too!! I reinstalled the realtek driver (old Relatek original by Asrock delivered) and it was ok again.

Maybe the board is defect?
Buying the 1151 board means a new CPU, right? Xeon E3 1230v3. Thank you Intel.
domtron

Post by domtron »

The Xeon E3 1230v3 looks good from the benchmarks.
Right now i don't think another consumer platform like the So.1151 makes a big difference,maybe a i7-8700(k) but that's greater investment because you need DDR 4 RAM too.If you have any problems with low CPU consumption and moderate latency then maybe the board isn't up to the task but must not be defective.

So for now,my first steps would be.
Create the ultimate power plan in Windows 10,set the CPU to the default clock (min-max 3300 mhz) in there.
Turn of USB energy saving in the power plan.
Plug out and turn off Wifi.
Be sure that there are no Windows tweaks.
Do not use any USB Hub and connect only the important parts like mouse and keyboard directly.

Manually enable the power plan if you work in a DAW,it should switch back to the standard saving power plan automatically when you leave the DAW,which is a good thing.

If this doesn't help try a clean install (and try to only use the automatically delivered Windows 10 drivers for your board) or buy a So.1150 Asus board.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi Domtron!

I unboxed the retour.
How is this? !
I followed your hint and made a high performance energyplan. CPU now is at 3.6-3.7 GHz constantly.
And... it's much better. I can not believe it! :dance:
So why, 10 percent CPU usage in buzz and I had glitches because of the speed step technology?! dam it, that's crab!
Wifi is no problem by the way.
I probably keep the audio interface now. The DAC is not the best but ok. Or do you know a better one for max ca. 120,- Euros? Headphone sound is most important.

Thanx so much !

PS: I do not understand the automatic switch in standard energy plan after closing the DAW? How does it work (have still Win 1709)?
domtron

Post by domtron »

Glad it worked ;)

Some DAW's (eg. FL Studio) automatically enable the (standard) high performance plan when starting up.Buzz is not.

If you close Buzz with your custom power plan enabled,the plan should switch to the balanced plan automatically,you can see it in the power options in Windows.
That's because it enable the energy saving mode,throttle the CPU and draw less power.
If not, you can enable the balanced plan manually.

I'm using a Audient ID4 interface atm. :D
boombaxx

Re: [solved] Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (asyn

Post by boombaxx »

I have a focusrite very good sound quality only thing i don't like is that it does not have an adat out. Although the head phone output can be used for that
HerrFornit

Re: [solved] Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (asyn

Post by HerrFornit »

addition:
I have now good results with moderate energy plan, too, by deactivating a mass of windows services - according to this list :) (sorry german only)
https://www.netzwelt.de/pc-beschleunige ... ernen.html

EDIT:
here is the cmd code ;)
start it with admin rights.
Windows 10x64 1709

Code: Select all

REM computername Query type=service state=all > desktop\services.txt

REM	SC \\computername Config AAV UpdateService							start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config AdobeARMservice                              start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config AJRouter                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config ALG                                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AMD External Events Utility                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AppHostSvc                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AppIDSvc                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Appinfo                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AppMgmt                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config AppReadiness                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AppVClient                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AppXSvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config ASGT                                         start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AssignedAccessManagerSvc                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AudioEndpointBuilder                         start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Audiosrv                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config AxInstSV                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Backupper Service                            start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config BDESVC                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config BFE                                          start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config BITS                                         start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config BrokerInfrastructure                         start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config BrYNSvc                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config BthHFSrv                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config bthserv                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config camsvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config CDPSvc                                       start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config CertPropSvc                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config ClipSVC                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config COMSysApp                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config CoreMessagingRegistrar                       start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config CryptSvc                                     start= demand
	SC \\computername Config CscService                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DcomLaunch                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config defragsvc                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DeviceAssociationService                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DeviceInstall                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DevQueryBroker                               start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Dhcp                                         start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config diagsvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DiagTrack                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DmEnrollmentSvc                              start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config dmwappushservice                             start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config Dnscache                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config DoSvc                                        start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config dot3svc                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config DPS                                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DragonSvc                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DsmSvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DsSvc                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DusmSvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Eaphost                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config EFS                                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config embeddedmode                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config EntAppSvc                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config EventLog                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config EventSystem                                  start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config Everything                                   start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config Fax                                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config fdPHost                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config FDResPub                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config fhsvc                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config FontCache                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config FontCache3.0.0.0                             start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config FrameServer                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config gpsvc                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config GraphicsPerfSvc                              start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config hidserv                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config HiPatchService                               start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config HomeGroupProvider                            start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config HvHost                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config IAStorDataMgrSvc                             start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config ICCS                                         start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config icssvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config IKEEXT                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config InstallService                               start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config iphlpsvc                                     start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config IpxlatCfgSvc                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config irmon                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config KeyIso                                       start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config KtmRm                                        start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config LanmanServer                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config LanmanWorkstation                            start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config lfsvc                                        start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config LicenseManager                               start= demand
	SC \\computername Config lltdsvc                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config lmhosts                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config LSM                                          start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config MapsBroker                                   start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config MBAMService                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Microsoft Office Groove Audit Service        start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config MozillaMaintenance                           start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config MpsSvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config MSDTC                                        start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config MSiSCSI                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config msiserver                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NaturalAuthentication                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NcaSvc                                       start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config NcbService                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NcdAutoSetup                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Netlogon                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Netman                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config netprofm                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NetSetupSvc                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NetTcpPortSharing                            start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NgcCtnrSvc                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NgcSvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config NlaSvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config nsi                                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config odserv                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config OpenVPNService                               start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config OpenVPNServiceInteractive                    start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config ose                                          start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config osrss                                        start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config p2pimsvc                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config p2psvc                                       start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config PcaSvc                                       start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config PDF24                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PeerDistSvc                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PerfHost                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PhoneSvc                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config pla                                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PlugPlay                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PNRPAutoReg                                  start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config PNRPsvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PolicyAgent                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Power                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PrintNotify                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config ProfSvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PushToInstall                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config QWAVE                                        start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config RasAuto                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RasMan                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RemoteAccess                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RemoteRegistry                               start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config RetailDemo                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RmSvc                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RpcEptMapper                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RpcLocator                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RpcSs                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config RtkAudioService                              start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SamSs                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SCardSvr                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config ScDeviceEnum                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Schedule                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config SCPolicySvc                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SDRSVC                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config seclogon                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SecurityHealthService                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SEMgrSvc                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config SENS                                         start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Sense                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SensorDataService                            start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SensorService                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SensrSvc                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config SessionEnv                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SharedAccess                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SharedRealitySvc                             start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config ShellHWDetection                             start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config shpamsvc                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config smphost                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SmsRouter                                    start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config SNMPTRAP                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config spectrum                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Spooler                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config sppsvc                                       start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config SSDPSRV                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config SstpSvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config StateRepository                              start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config stisvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config StorSvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config svsvc                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config swprv                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SysMain                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config SystemEventsBroker                           start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config TabletInputService                           start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config TapiSrv                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config TermService                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Themes                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config TieringEngineService                         start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config tiledatamodelsvc                             start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config TimeBrokerSvc                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config TokenBroker                                  start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config TrkWks                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config TrustedInstaller                             start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config tzautoupdate                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config UevAgentService                              start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config UI0Detect                                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config UmRdpService                                 start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config upnphost                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config UserManager                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config UsoSvc                                       start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config VaultSvc                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config vds                                          start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config vmicguestinterface                           start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config vmicheartbeat                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config vmickvpexchange                              start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config vmicrdv                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config vmicshutdown                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config vmictimesync                                 start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config vmicvmsession                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config vmicvss                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config VSS                                          start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config W32Time                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config w3logsvc                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config W3SVC                                        start= demand
	SC \\computername Config WalletService                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WarpJITSvc                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WAS                                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config wbengine                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WbioSrvc                                     start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Wcmsvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config wcncsvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WdiServiceHost                               start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WdiSystemHost                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WdNisSvc                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WebClient                                    start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config Wecsvc                                       start= demand
REM	SC \\computername Config WEPHOSTSVC                                   start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config wercplsupport                                start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WerSvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WFDSConMgrSvc                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WiaRpc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WinDefend                                    start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WinHttpAutoProxySvc                          start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config Winmgmt                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WinRM                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config wisvc                                        start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WlanSvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config wlidsvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config wlpasvc                                      start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config wmiApSrv                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WMPNetworkSvc                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config workfolderssvc                               start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WPDBusEnum                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WpnService                                   start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config wscsvc                                       start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WSearch                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config wuauserv                                     start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config WwanSvc                                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config xbgm                                         start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config XblAuthManager                               start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config XblGameSave                                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config XboxGipSvc                                   start= disabled
	SC \\computername Config XboxNetApiSvc                                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config CDPUserSvc_76ae06                            start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config DevicesFlowUserSvc_76ae06                    start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config MessagingService_76ae06                      start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config OneSyncSvc_76ae06                            start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_76ae06                start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config PrintWorkflowUserSvc_76ae06                  start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config UnistoreSvc_76ae06                           start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config UserDataSvc_76ae06                           start= disabled
REM	SC \\computername Config WpnUserService_76ae06                        start= disabled

(Ok)

Re: [solved] Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (async)

Post by (Ok) »

Just a reminder before possibly turning your power plan to higher consumption or so :

For example, if you try to load an old bmx with multiple machines in it, try to isolate the machine you are interested in, erase all the other ones and save as a new name.
Then try to see if the problem persists.
Sometimes a single other machine can conflict enough to provide huge perf hits hence tons of cracks..

This sounds obvious, but I started to wonder for example why Ableton Live was not cracking at all whereas Buzz was doing so.
In the Ableton Live's blank file, I was only loading and testing their own MIDI instruments and not any VST plugin.

Some VSTs are unfortunately eating too much resources depending various computer hard or soft setups (so should eat as much- if not more- under other softs like Live as well btw)... But when your workspace is empty, there you know. Latency is always awesome when nothing get in the way, specially nowadays with that much powerful gears of ours. In other words, if things crack, you are eating way more resources as you are supposed to... unless you need to run a very very big orchestra.

Find your sweet spot with only one inst at a time and keep profiling so you can get when you are abnormally loosing too much processing budget.
Often like if a single newly added machine ruins 200% of your budget whereas you added tons before that weren't. Profile, profile, profile.

If a machine appear to steal a lot more than expected, try to see if it is guilty alone or if it is possibly conflicting with another one.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Thanks (ok) for your comment. Yes, an probably underestimated point, machine interaction.
I am used now to start BUZZ automatically with high power plan, then jumps back to balanced power plan after closing buzz, automatically, too. So I don't have to care too much about crackling any more. Some problematic vsts are still there, but I don't have an alternative for it.
(Ok)

Post by (Ok) »

Hi HerrFornit,
Thanks for your message.
Yeah it is always sad when specific machines that we appreciate are not running as expected.
Have you for example tried to use any other software to load your problematic VSTs ? This could tell you at least if the loader itself has a problem with the plugin... I suppose your are using Polac's. If the problem do not show up as well in other softs then the loader is perhaps having problems rather than the plugin itself.

That's just by curiosity, anyways you are right if everything works the way you want, no need to loose more time and happy buzzing ! Better using your time for writing sounds rather than writing / debugging plugins, haha !
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

yeah, can confirm. I use polac's incredible and still supported vst loader. Well, anywhere on my drive there is a free Abelton live and Cubase LE version. So theoretically I could test some vsts. But you know, the strength of bozz (and weakness at the same time) is the sparse GUI, so have the orientation all the times. ( on the other hand many 'secret' features).