How to enable Buzz splash screen?

mcbpete

Re: How to enable Buzz splash screen?

Post by mcbpete »

Check my bad boy of a system out -
00:00 [Startup] Buzz build 1409 (MI_VERSION 56)
00:21 [Startup] Load 'BuzzGUI.dll'
01:30 [Startup] Finished
Bet you're jealous :lol:
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

holy crab :mrgreen:
peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

Klangkulisse wrote:
peacemaker wrote:
Klangkulisse wrote: I am using XP (SP3) for a long time until now and its working flawless for me. Boots up in 6 seconds. And it handles that NGEN thingy ;) perfect.
It all depends on computers strength. Mine is about 5 years old, but it has still enough power (AMD Athlon 3200+ 2GHz). You need a stronger machine!
I'm curious, how long does the presets dropdown menu take to open after you click it? I remember when oskari switched to .NET it took about 2 seconds (!) to open that dropdown box. That's a LONG time to open a fucking menu. My machine was an AthlonXP 2600+.
0.0 seconds ;)

There must be something wrong with your machine. May be you should reinstall your whole system. 2 seconds = eternity
Yeah that was (was!) one truely f***ed-up system. You wouldn't want to know how long WinXP took to load. Pheeeeeew, now it's in the past. But I'm still curious what was causing this lag. If there was something wrong with my OS installation or if the problem was just my otudated hardware. Ahhhh forget it, let's look forward. :D
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Yeah that was (was!) one truely f***ed-up system. You wouldn't want to know how long WinXP took to load. Pheeeeeew, now it's in the past. But I'm still curious what was causing this lag. If there was something wrong with my OS installation or if the problem was just my otudated hardware. Ahhhh forget it, let's look forward. :D[/quote]

Nice to hear you are looking forward again.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

any chance people with slow boot / buzz start times have some crappy antivirus installed ;) ?
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I've got Avira Antivir but I've set an exemption rule for it to ignore the Buzz and VST folders .... It's .NET that's the 'issue', I'm pretty sure of if - some old machines (like mine) just take their merry time loading anything compiled using it. But hey it's not a problem, I still get my music done and one day I'll actually upgrade to a decent system !
johnnybegood

Post by johnnybegood »

You might have a bunch of slow sectors on the disk buzz is on and buzz files or dependencies it uses on those. I've had this problem once with a disk and had some files/programs on it that would take what seems forever to load. I ended up imaging the drive to another one with Norton Ghost which took a staggering 10 hours and those issues were gone after that with the new disk. You can check for slow sectors with a program like Victoria:

http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/benchm ... 10903.html
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

ok. so when this is fixed can we please get back to the original topic :)