Vocals in buzz

chahur

Vocals in buzz

Post by chahur »

What do you use to mix vocals (mp3 or wav format) in buzz ?
I've tried several generators and the wave table but it seems to me that it could be done more easily.
- rDev Software Continous Wave Reader III : don't work in new buzz ?
- Jeskola XS-1 : works fine but is not really made for ...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
UNZ

Re: Vocals in buzz

Post by UNZ »

Matilde and use the new wave editor to chop stuff into pieces
bahador

Post by bahador »

Why don’t you edit your vocal lines in an external wave editor like soundforge or wavelab and then import it to buzz? This will save you whole a lot of cpu and space to add more effect on the vocal chain when using in buzz.

I use wave format 48000 32 bit float (and people in this forum hardly will suggest you to stick to 44100 but believe me changing the samplerate and the bitrate is hugely noticeable and you can simply hear the drastic change in quality when increasing them or decreasing them and even converting from a 48000/32bit song to 44100/16bit has a much neater and brighter quality) so this way you have the chance to add more effects to the vocal chain in buzz.
chahur

Post by chahur »

That's what I do (with Audacity).
But my question is : what do you use to import the vocal audio into Buzz ?
vaisnava

Post by vaisnava »

You could use all sorts of things to import it...

Jeskola XS-1
Matilde Tracker
Unweildy Tracker

I prefer the 2nd two cause they store the .WAVs internally, but the XS-1 might be nice option also. Depends on what you need. :)
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

If the vocal is very long I use Fuzzpilz Inp to be able to star playing the song anywhere and having the vocal played in sync with the position, no need to replay at the start of the pattern to hear it.
bahador

Post by bahador »

I use matidle tracker 2 (and I highly suggest that you download the version 2.0 (1.9RC). but what magmavander has suggested comes very handy. I’m not familiar with that machine and I will be more than happy if magmavandr could be kind to explain a bit more about it?
toothsoup

Post by toothsoup »

magmavander wrote:If the vocal is very long I use Fuzzpilz Inp to be able to star playing the song anywhere and having the vocal played in sync with the position, no need to replay at the start of the pattern to hear it.
That sounds really useful, I can imagine it would get old having to trigger the pattern to get the vocals playing from the start of the song (although I imagine you would break up the vocals into separate sections rather than just having one song-length sample so maybe not that bad).
chahur

Post by chahur »

Thanks Magmavander, that's what I was looking for. I will have a look at it.
I was previously using "rDev Software Continous Wave Reader III" to do that but I can't make it work any more.
XS1 is fine, but it loads the whole wav in memory and can't be synchronized as you said.
I would also like to read a mp3 direct from the HD.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

magmavander wrote:If the vocal is very long I use Fuzzpilz Inp to be able to star playing the song anywhere and having the vocal played in sync with the position, no need to replay at the start of the pattern to hear it.

this machine is not available on buzzmachines.com and i couldnt find it with a quick google search either. where could we find fuzzpilz inp?
4516N41

Post by 4516N41 »

magmavander

Post by magmavander »

bahador wrote:I’m not familiar with that machine and I will be more than happy if magmavandr could be kind to explain a bit more about it?
It's very simple, really. Add this machine, use fx like you would use for any generator if needed.
Right-click on it and select "Choose file...". Select your sample (wav only).
Notice that you can manage cues (right-click >> Cues...) if your wav contains any of it. This could be very handy.
In pattern editor, put 1 to the first column, that way the wav will always be played in sync to its position. And put 1 to the second column to trigger the wav.
There is also some offset commands that are self explanatory.
Happy new year!!!
Xaphoid

Post by Xaphoid »

commadore65

Post by commadore65 »

szaszhareen wrote:

this machine is not available on buzzmachines.com and i couldnt find it with a quick google search either. where could we find fuzzpilz inp?
I know buzz machines is for this but maybe we should set up a depository for the non buggy strays. I suppose we would have to get devs permission though who might be hard to contact.
commadore65

Post by commadore65 »

toothsoup wrote:
That sounds really useful, I can imagine it would get old having to trigger the pattern to get the vocals playing from the start of the song (although I imagine you would break up the vocals into separate sections rather than just having one song-length sample so maybe not that bad).
I actually find sometimes breaking up the vocals/any long take more hassle than it's worth. Especially if you are working with another musician who's in the room. They want to hear how their take sounds instantly.

I'll generally now use audiotrack for such an occasion, however Fuzzpilz inp is amazing when it works. I've had differing levels of success with it in modern builds (might just be me). I guess he didn't make it for new buzz though.

I was making a live show using fuzzpilz inp and live jump at some point *cough* jump commands would be great as a feature for buzz *cough*. One of the great things about inp is the way it loads the files doesn't rely on saving the track in the wavetable, so the file can be really long.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

commadore65 wrote:
szaszhareen wrote:

I know buzz machines is for this but maybe we should set up a depository for the non buggy strays. I suppose we would have to get devs permission though who might be hard to contact.
no, if anything it belongs on buzzmachines.com and nowhere else. i think several people tried contacting devs who's machine are not on buzzmachine and got no response, so i don't know, i guess they don't care anymore, just put them up ? If anyone complains it can be removed again.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi,

I tried the Fuzzpilz Inp, but it is labeld as crashed and I can't hear sound. (although I can edit the pattern!)
I used the link by xaphoid and used it as described above by magmavander.

It would would be great to have the 'start-song-anywhere' option.

So is there any new version or an alternative?

Thanx for reply!
Last edited by HerrFornit on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

In which folder did you put the dll ? It is labeled as an effect but it must be in generator's folder (meaning if you dont use any skin in Buzz machine View the inp machine will have the "pink" color of an effect but it's a generator and it should be blue color, that's a known bug for this machine).
If really you can make it work you can use BTDSYS Audiotrack, I have uploaded the last beta with this message ;)
Attachments
audiotrack_081029.zip
(282.4 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Thanx a lot! :)

unfortunately, no sound so far. Also with the BTDS plugin. Strange GUI, by the way.
Do I need the input effect, too? Don't know how to use it.
All plugins are at the right place.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

I will try to make a little "How To" this evening for AudioTrack ;)