Vocals in buzz

River Cricket

Re: Vocals in buzz

Post by River Cricket »

Really looking forward to an AudioTrack how-to, seems like it could be very useful!

Right now my way of doing vocals is about as lo-fi as it gets: Record vocals, split verses / stanzas (depending on length) into individual .WAV/.MP3 files, load into wavetable, use Matidle Tracker 2 to trigger. Upsides are that it's pretty straightforward, drawbacks are that I have to be pretty disciplined about not drifting off-rhythm when recording, since I only have verse / stanza resolution for timing-adjustment. Those pesky pesky 3's.

Another option I've dabbled in is a free VST called Short Circuit (version 1.1.2 - I remember there's something about Short Circuit 2 that kept me from using it, can't remember if it's a compatibility issue or if it was just a personal preference). The GUI is kinda dreadful in that mid-00's way, but once you get the knack of it it's pretty handy for live-triggering vocal samples (or samples of any sort, of course) without too much headache.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

I liked cng recorder made many good recordings with it. It is a bit convulted but once u get the hang of it is quite good. U need to setup your own click track and turn off looping and leave a 1+ bar gap at the start because it is instant record no count in. Best bit is that it records into the wavetable. I always used Utrk 2 after that to trigger the sample. Any of the samplers is good
IXix

Post by IXix »

River Cricket wrote:Another option I've dabbled in is a free VST called Short Circuit
I'd recommend TX16W instead. The free version is easily sampler enough for most uses and the paid (quite inexpensive) version adds some very nice features.

Regarding AudioTrack, if you (or anyone else) come across any bugs or think of any easy feature requests then do let me know as I'm the caretaker for BTD's machines.
Willy

Post by Willy »

HerrFornit wrote: So is there any new version or an alternative?
This thread is ancient. For vocals I use Matilde 3.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Willy wrote:
HerrFornit wrote: So is there any new version or an alternative?
This thread is ancient. For vocals I use Matilde 3.
I use Matilde3, too.
But, there are limitations with it. For example, it's no real vocal track, it is at least one note, not enduring for the whole song when played at any other position than the note.
So, its rather an ancient problem ;)
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Ok Sorry, I was veeeeeeery long :oops:

Here is a minimal how to about using BTDSys Audiotrack. I covered only how to import a long sample and use it. It's not an exhaustive review of Audiotrack.

The video :

https://youtu.be/zUcTfiN2obI

Hope that helps :mrgreen:
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Great, yes THAT helps. :)

The procedure is quite "around the corner"

Thanx!
magmavander

Post by magmavander »