Change Parameters with Keyboard?

double07

Change Parameters with Keyboard?

Post by double07 »

All,

I used to be able to change the parameters of a machine by using the left and right arrows on the keyboard (possibly even entering a number in manually with numeric keys). Does anybody know why I can't do this any more? Kind of hard to do small tweaks with the mouse when the parameter has a huge range of values.

Thanks.
UNZ

Re: Change Parameters with Keyboard?

Post by UNZ »

it still works with the arrow keys.

also, you can click on a parameter and then just start to type a value, a small box will pop up where you enter the value.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

i got this problem with one of the new themes (strombone's i think), try it in the standard theme.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

theming...
double07

Post by double07 »

Ahhh... that's it, I'm using xd - Simplon III theme. Changing to default then changing back to simplon theme seemed to fix it temporarily.
mes

Post by mes »

this is another reason I wish the parameters had some "shaping" like you can do in reaktor or most other modern synth plugins....certain buzz machines most useful paramater ranges are at the very far ends of the slider, making it kind of a pain in the ass to use. (btdsys lfo etc.)
Reefer Sutherland

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

Use scroll wheel for better control.
Use PeerCtrl for ultimate control.
double07

Post by double07 »

Reefer Sutherland wrote:Use scroll wheel for better control.
TIL you can use the scroll wheel to change params... lol

I also found a work around by editing the theme.xml file and commenting out the ParameterWindow.xaml - you lose the param window gradient and that's about it.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

sorry guys, i forgot to mention that i changed it in the xaml of the theme because i had some issues on my notebook.
i will change that.

the parameterwindow.xaml also contains the layout of the sliders which could be anything by the way.
i modified it to make the windows smaller.

"Focusable" needs to be set to "True" in order to focus and edit values via arrowkeys :

<Border BorderThickness="1,1,0,0" BorderBrush="#5000" SnapsToDevicePixels="True" CornerRadius="2">
<bgc:ParameterSlider MinimumThumbWidth="15" Focusable="True" Value="{Binding Value}" Minimum="{Binding MinValue}" Maximum="{Binding MaxValue}" Indicator="{Binding Indicator}"/>
</Border>
double07

Post by double07 »

strobotone wrote:sorry guys, i forgot to mention that i changed it in the xaml of the theme because i had some issues on my notebook.
i will change that.

the parameterwindow.xaml also contains the layout of the sliders which could be anything by the way.
i modified it to make the windows smaller.

"Focusable" needs to be set to "True" in order to focus and edit values via arrowkeys :

<Border BorderThickness="1,1,0,0" BorderBrush="#5000" SnapsToDevicePixels="True" CornerRadius="2">
<bgc:ParameterSlider MinimumThumbWidth="15" Focusable="True" Value="{Binding Value}" Minimum="{Binding MinValue}" Maximum="{Binding MaxValue}" Indicator="{Binding Indicator}"/>
</Border>

Cool thanks, any chance of updating this theme to support the new wireless and output features etc.?
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

done.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
xd-simplon3.2_theme.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 12332 times
xd_-_simplon_3.2.zip
simplon 3.2
(579.47 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

strobotone wrote:done.
Great! :ugeek: I like the little touches you've added like the growing arrows on the connectors, and the keys working on the parameter window :D
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

we might have to increase the height of the machine and shift the send fx "indicators" below the machine name.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

double07 wrote:any chance of updating this theme to support the new wireless and output features etc.?
Ooh what changes in output features are these ? Reason being as I always like to update my own theme so it's fully compliant with the updated features, so I've updated it to support the wireless stuff but may have missed this change. strobotone is that what the '1' & '2' are on your skin ?
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

don´t worry. it´s just fx 1, fx 2 and one (R)everb.
if you hook up a generator to multiple fx this is just how looks.

just look at the changes in the default theme made by Oskari.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah, that's what I normally do - I usually check any differences in files sizes of the xaml between versions of the default theme and look at the changelog. I guess I haven't missed anything, I was just a little confused by the last bit double07's statement: 'any chance of updating this theme to support the new wireless and output features etc' as the only thing I noticed regarding possible changes in the display in outputs was on v.1421 regarding MIF_ALWAYS_SHOW_PLUGS.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

@ mantratronic: i forgot the pluginfo. now the numbers show again on the multi I/O :oops:
@ mcbpete: yes, it was about showing multiple inputs/outputs on machines like mixIO

here you go:
Attachments
xd_-_simplon_3.2.zip
(579.49 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
double07

Post by double07 »

strobotone wrote:@ mantratronic: i forgot the pluginfo. now the numbers show again on the multi I/O :oops:
@ mcbpete: yes, it was about showing multiple inputs/outputs on machines like mixIO

here you go:
Thanks so much, I love this theme! :D
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

nice to hear :P
i wish MUTE would release his awesome theme.
he also has some nice ideas and skills there.