peer machines and boolean values

szaszhareen

peer machines and boolean values

Post by szaszhareen »

i'm trying to use peerstate to turn peerlfo on and off. went to machines/params and checked peerlfo. took snapshot 00 with peerlfo off. took snapshot 01 with peerlfo on. i created a pattern with snapshot 00 at tick 0 and snapshot 01 at tick 15. added the pattern to sequence view and played it, nothing happened. peerlfo stayed off.

i've also had this problem with peerlfo triggering another peerlfo. i get everything set to where it should work, and it just doesnt. this also happened when trying to use peerlfo to trigger on/off values in one of zephod's drum machines.

am i doing something wrong, or can peer machines not handle triggers?
mes

Re: peer machines and boolean values

Post by mes »

szaszhareen wrote:i'm trying to use peerstate to turn peerlfo on and off. went to machines/params and checked peerlfo. took snapshot 00 with peerlfo off. took snapshot 01 with peerlfo on. i created a pattern with snapshot 00 at tick 0 and snapshot 01 at tick 15. added the pattern to sequence view and played it, nothing happened. peerlfo stayed off.

i've also had this problem with peerlfo triggering another peerlfo. i get everything set to where it should work, and it just doesnt. this also happened when trying to use peerlfo to trigger on/off values in one of zephod's drum machines.

am i doing something wrong, or can peer machines not handle triggers?

I just tried this and it's working okay here...combining peer machines was broken for awhile, but the latest peer versions have fixed it. I'd post a link for ya but can't find it right now with buzzchurch down.
tinga

Post by tinga »

To control another peer machine, peerstate needs an inertia (min is 03/16 ticks) you can reduce this value if you change nb samples in peerstate's attribute.
Inertia is not necessary if it is to control synths or effects.
I have no idea why, but peerstate works and that is the most important 8-)
IXix

Post by IXix »

Some peer machines have trouble with switch params that have been declared in a certain way and PeerLFO's on/off was one such param. The newest version has it's on/off declared differently and you should have no trouble controlling it with other peers. Check at BTDSys SourceForge page to get the latest versions of some machines.

Been super-busy lately but things are calming down again now so I should be able to get back to my caretaking duties. I'll set up downloads for all BTD's machines at SourceForge soon and continue upgrading the machines whenever the universe grants me peace and quiet enough to do some coding.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

thanks for the info guys.

@ix: i know what you mean about the universe interrupting all the time. damn universe. i cant seem to get away from it :x
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

IXix wrote: get the latest versions of some machines.
i've got the latest version of peerctrl, and when i right click>assignment settings, nothing happens. is there an older version which works with the latest build?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

szaszhareen wrote:
i've got the latest version of peerctrl, and when i right click>assignment settings, nothing happens. is there an older version which works with the latest build?
you're probably missing some dll. maybe the PAL dll or something else.
maybe use dependancy walker on the dll
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

szaszhareen wrote:
Try registering envelope.ocx (recommend running fixkit and extracting the stygmate version while you're at it).
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

thanks, envelope.ocx and stygmates version fixed the issue. thanks for pointing out env walker. cool utility :D