Pattern view navigation problem.

Mu_

Pattern view navigation problem.

Post by Mu_ »

Hi all
Using Buzz I never or very rare use sequence view.
My work is more like score edition with pattern xp/mc-1/x-split than composing short or long ;) fragments of tunes with sequencer.
And from some time I face the same problem. They are two or even more if I think a little longer. But first things first. When I make track I cannot pick very beginning of it if I want to choose 0 in Pattern View. Even 16 or further positions demands surgeon precision from me. But if I switch to Sequence View I can pick easily every point which I want to. Is there a possibility to make the same easiness also on horizontal view of track?
The other thing is a shortcut for selecting in timeline to the end and beginning of track. I mean outside navigating - setting beginning and end of playable fragment of composition. If I create a new pattern, its length is 4 beats. If I set it as 1024 I cannot reach end of the pattern one quick command but I have to switch to sequence view, scroll down by using mouse or PageDown - multiple times till I reach the end of pattern and can set it as new end of sequence.
It is really annoying if you have to quick record and idea but time, which you have to spend for setting new machine, new pattern, extend of its length, then pick of its end, files as your music idea goes with the wind...
And third thing is - maybe there is such possibility to set default new custom length of track with proper set beginning and end of sequence? New options in preferences or some parameter with starting the Buzz?
Cheers
Mu. :mrgreen: