Polac loaders and realtime vs rendertime

locojohn

Polac loaders and realtime vs rendertime

Post by locojohn »

Dear Frank and friends,

Certain VST plugins have different settings for real-time operation and render-time operation in sequencers. Such plugins include famous Cytomic The Glue compressor, all respected 2CAudio plugins, etc. For example, 2-4x oversampling options for better quality can be configured for such plugins to be automatically switched on, but, say only upon final rendering to disk.

I have two questions in this regard:

1) Can Polac VST loader determine whether it's running in "faster than realtime" WAV render mode (which is half way/fully? supported by Buzz now -- correct me if I am wrong), or in standard "play" mode?

If yes, can Polac VST Loader employ this detection, so that render or real-time plugin settings are automatically taken into account in appropriate situations?

2) If not, can it be done that Buzz and Polac have a better integration with each other, so as to allow Polac know the fact in which mode it is running?

I hope I make myself clear. I would appreciate some feedback on the above suggestions.

Thank you for your attention,

Andrejs
polac

Re: Polac loaders and realtime vs rendertime

Post by polac »

Hi, as a host you can tell the vst if it's running in realtime or offline mode, but I don't think that buzz informs a machine if it's in realtime or render/offline mode. However I could make the mode user-definable, so one can switch to render mode on demand.
locojohn

Post by locojohn »

polac wrote:Hi, as a host you can tell the vst if it's running in realtime or offline mode, but I don't think that buzz informs a machine if it's in realtime or render/offline mode. However I could make the mode user-definable, so one can switch to render mode on demand.
I think that is already a great feature! So anyone could switch render mode [globally?] when needed.

In the meantime, perhaps at some point Oskari will be able to find a way to tell Polac VST [or other buzz machines for that matter] in which mode it is running?

Andrejs
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

There's IBuzz.OverrideAudioDriver but you'd have to access the managed api.
polac

Post by polac »

It's possible to switch to offline processing mode now, accessible via the edit menu. This is an global setting which means that all vsts run in offline mode then. I tested it with the cytomic plugin it seems to work fine here.
locojohn

Post by locojohn »

You are the man! Works great.

Best wishes!

Andrejs