note matrix bug ?!

thOke

note matrix bug ?!

Post by thOke »

buzz bld 1426

when i save a bmx with note matrix assigned to a synth and reopen it, note matrix shows the red 'crashed' message.
the notes still play alright, but the graphics of the matrix patterns are messed up and scale and root note always show 'Ritusen' A-4.

when i open a new bmx and insert note matrix now, it also shows the 'crashed' message.
after restarting buzz, the 'crashed' message is gone ... until i save the bmx and try to reopen it.
Reefer Sutherland

Re: note matrix bug ?!

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

afaik, this was just a test machine, or proof-of-concept of sorts..
Hopefully someone will pick it up and do a fully functional version :)
It's an awesome machine, and I would use it a lot if it worked.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

thOke wrote:buzz bld 1426

when i save a bmx with note matrix assigned to a synth and reopen it, note matrix shows the red 'crashed' message.
the notes still play alright, but the graphics of the matrix patterns are messed up and scale and root note always show 'Ritusen' A-4.

when i open a new bmx and insert note matrix now, it also shows the 'crashed' message.
after restarting buzz, the 'crashed' message is gone ... until i save the bmx and try to reopen it.
Works flawless for me since it was build, using XP SP3 / Vista.
Did you try to reinstall NET Framework? Somehow I had it occasionally messed up and a reinstall solved problems with buzz.
thOke

Post by thOke »

i scrolled through the changelog and was unsure if note matrix is still in 'experimental state'.

i am using win xp sp3, too ... so i reinstalled .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, installed buzz bld 1432 into a fresh directory ...
same error as described above ... i hate problems occuring only on my computer :!:
Reefer Sutherland

It doesn't work for me either. Same problem.
thOke

Post by thOke »

ah, good ... eh, not good, but ... oh, you know what i mean. 8-)
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

So I am the lucky one :D
May be you should try the typical error search handling, like "switching" everything special off, so to say running basic buzz. For example using default theme, removing the VST-directory, removing all effects, all generators, removing anything that isn't basic. May be this shows, where a little demon casts its evil spell.
Reefer Sutherland

It used to work better for me, just not saving its settings when I saved the song it was used in.
Now, I get the same 'crashed' as thOke...

I don't feel it's worth trying to find out why it crashes, since it won't work properly anyway...
thOke

Post by thOke »

i tried it with a clean install, default theme, only the files in buzz directory which come with the installer.
nm still 'crashed' ... so i think i will be patient until it's out of alpha state. thx for testing though.
beuze

Post by beuze »

Hello!

I meet the same problem (I am under Vista). By trying with my ancient builds, I note that there is no crash on 1378, 1386, 1400, 1406, 1411. But from 1420, it begins to crash. But I have the impression that it is only the GUI which crashes,I can continue working with. I think that coding is complex and it is necessary to be patient with New Buzz. There are steps forward and steps backward (Polac VST loader worked very well in the ancient NEW BUZZ versions but posed again problems with the most recents and with the build 1430 everything is again OK).

btw Note Matrix is cool as beatbox (eg with SampleGrid)

Have a nice day
beuze

Post by beuze »

By studying Note Matrix a little more, I note that the pattern can be recreated if the song was saved with regular Ritusen A4. Therefore, here is a workaround (a little complicated): if you create ,for instance, a pattern with Chromatic C4, it is necessary to reset Note Matrix on Ritusen A4 before saving. When you reopen the song, you see your original pattern by making the opposite way, means setting on Chromatic C4. (tested with build 1432).
thOke

Post by thOke »

yep ... note matrix still has the 'crashed' brand on reload, but the graphics are safed correctly with that method. thx for the tip.