USB audio

boombaxx

USB audio

Post by boombaxx »

Hi i use two soundcards a outboard usb and a pci soundcard. The problem i am having is if the last sound card that was connected was the usb and is now disconnected i cannot access the config in the prefs to change it to the pci card the config button does nothing. I have tried changing it to silent then restarting and then selecting polac asio or wasapi the config button still does nothing. I use the usb audio for live also as a controller on my main pc.
UNZ

Re: USB audio

Post by UNZ »

with regedit.exe go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jeskola\Buzz\Polac ASIO

and delete it.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Hate doing anything to registry. It has taken me a long time to set this buzz setup
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

it will auto-create the entry again once you start buzz and select polac asio again.

but you could also just do nothing and hope for the problem to solve itself (good luck with that) ;)

if you're so afraid of this, why dont you just connect the usb again, start buzz and switch to pci.
i assume you're using latest polac ?
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

boombaxx wrote:Hate doing anything to registry. It has taken me a long time to set this buzz setup
Backup your registry data before messing with it. Always.

For a single item (and sub-items) it's pretty simple. If you right click the entry in the registry editor you have the Export option.
If you use that you can export that branch to a .reg file. The file itself is basically an text-file in INI format, so you can inspect it and edit it (if you know what you are doing).

To restore the data afterwards, you double-click the registry file again and after confirming your registry data will be as it was before.