MIDI send not Stored with templates

xenobioz

MIDI send not Stored with templates

Post by xenobioz »

When I make templates with PVSTI that use MIDI send to control another PVSTI. The MIDI Send settings are not stored. I have to select the VSTIs again on the MIDI Send menu everytime I load a template.
szaszhareen

Re: MIDI send not Stored with templates

Post by szaszhareen »

i've noticed this with knob assignments too. if i save a template with certain params bound to knobs on my controller, i have to assign them again when i load the template in a new project.
thOke

Post by thOke »

xenobioz wrote:When I make templates with PVSTI that use MIDI send to control another PVSTI. The MIDI Send settings are not stored. I have to select the VSTIs again on the MIDI Send menu everytime I load a template.
it stores the settings here. do you use patternxp for the midivst ? templates do not store data from the built-in pattern editor.
savemidisend.jpg
mute

Post by mute »

Whatever the case - with Polac MIDI Out (as in midivst.dll), where you select your interface - it definitely doesn't keep which device you've selected when trying to use it as a template.

Assignments, etc. have always stored just fine for me. I rarely sneeze @ the MIDI Send dialog so I dunno how it behaves in templates. If you're storing templates just to keep CC and Automation assignments, you should also check out the Save As Default function under the Learn menu as that's what its there for.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Yes I use pattern XP.
It seems to store your choices if you don't restart buzz.
Does it still work four you if you restart buzz, thoke?
thOke

Post by thOke »

Yes, even after restart - i tried out several midi plugins. Which midi send vst are you using that does not store the settings ?
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I tried now with the Midi Chord Piz plugin you have on the screenshot and it seems to keep the settings.
The ones I tried before that did not work was my own kruudster and also budi-out.
It might be something with synthedit that is the problem then.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I notice now though that midi send is not stored even with the Piz Midi Chord plugin if you send to multiple VSTIs. :?
So then it's probably not just the plugins.
thOke

Post by thOke »

Yes, i can confirm this. If MidiSend is assigned to more than one plugin, the template settings get lost after restart.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I wonder if it's something with PVSTI or buzz itself. Would be nice to get it fixed.