fuzzpillz lepidopterist not working in new buzz?

n3wjack

fuzzpillz lepidopterist not working in new buzz?

Post by n3wjack »

I love this machine and use it in lots of tracks.
Unfortunately this machine seems to crash constantly and instantly in the new buzz which means I can't use a bunch of older tracks anymore and I'm also at a loss for a good glitching-things-the-f-up effect.

Any known workarounds to get this machine working again?
IXix

Re: fuzzpillz lepidopterist not working in new buzz?

Post by IXix »

Works okay for me, I'd be sad if it didn't. Have you tried dependency walker on it?
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

ive had the same issue and it seems to be completely random (sometimes ill load a track with lep just fine and then next day same track under same conditions etc wont work .. i restart my computer and then it usually works )
Whats dependency walker ?
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Maybe you already tried it and I don't know if it will help, but for some synths turning multithreading off helps.
If it helps you can then turn it off for only that machine in the gear.xml file
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

xenobioz wrote:Maybe you already tried it and I don't know if it will help, but for some synths turning multithreading off helps.
If it helps you can then turn it off for only that machine in the gear.xml file
Tried that but it didn't make a difference. The machine still crashed afterwards.
Something new I've noticed. If I start buzz and add it in a new project, it doesn't crash.
When I load it in modules with other machines, it tends to crash. So it might be a combination of machines that's causing it.

When I open the lep dll in dependency walker everything seems fine as well. Too bad.

Is there an error log in Buzz I can use to try and figure out what's making it crash?
mute

Post by mute »

lep and a couple other machines by fuzzpilz use some callbacks that do not exist in win7+
IXix

Post by IXix »

mute wrote:lep and a couple other machines by fuzzpilz use some callbacks that do not exist in win7+
Do you know which callbacks? I'm on Win7 but it seems to work fine for me. Perhaps they fixed it in an update.
mute

Post by mute »

hrmn.. thanks for calling me on that because I am unable to recreate the issue right now. it was with pottwall2 and some others as well. perhaps it was before the move to win7 when I diagnosed it, or maybe buzz or windows updates sorted it out.. i'll keep screwing around and if I come across it i'll post it. I thought it might have also been a 64bit Windows issue, but nah.

if anyone can cause these crashes, they can get the dump info from event viewer..