Expert Sleepers - Silent Way and Jeskola Buzz

nikmis

Expert Sleepers - Silent Way and Jeskola Buzz

Post by nikmis »

Is anyone familiar with 'silent way'? It is a vsti suite of plugins that allows control of analog synthesizers without the use of midi. It outputs control voltages from an audio interface. It outputs gate and pitch voltage, and LFOs and Envelope outputs as well.

I just felt like making a post to say that it is compatible with the current build of buzz, 1409. Just in case anyone out there is searching for that information. I have it working with an m-audio ozone interface and an mfb kraftzwerg and a roland sh-101.

To calibrate the voice controller plugin so that polac vsti can output pitch cv and gate, you must first load it with Polac Vst effect. Then, use Polac ASIO In to get the audio return from an interface so that silent way can hear the ouput of the analog synth. In this picture, there is also an ac encoder plugin because the m-audio ozone is not dc-coupled. some special DIY cables were required.

After the first calibration, silent way can be loaded anytime in polac vsti generator without polac asio input

like this

I like silent way because the midi 2 cv converter in an mfb kraftzwerg can only handle about 2 and a half octaves before going out of tune, but silent way in my setup has 8 perfect octaves. Also, silent way has built in portamento/glide.
Evelon

Re: Expert Sleepers - Silent Way and Jeskola Buzz

Post by Evelon »

Great info. Thanks!

Mind sharing the template perhaps?
nikmis

Post by nikmis »

ok, I will. why, are you using analog synths with buzz, too?
Reefer Sutherland

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

The silent way is way cool :)

Nice to see that it works in Buzz too.
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

nikmis wrote:ok, I will. why, are you using analog synths with buzz, too?
Not at the moment (but I hopefully will soon enough).
I was thinking more of other Buzz users that use hardware here (at this moment).