CPU problems with EQ-10

beuze

CPU problems with EQ-10

Post by beuze »

(build 1430)

Several times I observed a huge expense of CPU when I put a track solo.

By searching, I note that Automaton EQ-10 augments CPU considerably by soloing of a track in which he is not!!!
I create a song, for instance, with Infector on the first track and Jeskola Bass+Automaton EQ-10 on the second track. When I set the track 1 (Infector) on solo, CPU of EQ-10 panics!! (Sometimes it is necessary to press several times on solo).
In Buzz 1116, the EQ's CPU passes to 00 what seems normal. This problem appears only if I change the default setting of EQ, for instance 250 Hz to 4,40dB.
Does anybody meet this type of problems?
UNZ

Re: CPU problems with EQ-10

Post by UNZ »

sounds like a denormal problem

wasn't eq10 buggy anyway ? (or was it eq7..)
anyway, plenty of (better) alternatives out there.
http://buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=1041
mes

Post by mes »

eq10 is kinda buggy also...I wouldn't use it.
mute

Post by mute »

eq10 is buggy (in old buzz it would occassionally break output.. maybe burst? i dont remember it bursting but do remember it breaking output), but eq7 is fine. most if not all rout plugins are buggy really.. most likely a product of them being released well before buzz 1.2b was out (interface changes, people were still learning the 'buzz' ropes, etc).

neither work well when multithreading is on,.. if you route multiple gens into it you'll often get crackling/unusable output. theres quite a few machines this problems pops up on really. so i wouldn't really be surprised if other issues occur with multithreading on. personally, i leave multithreading on and use several plugin instances when i have to.
mes

Post by mes »

I would suggest using Joachims Hyperion 30 band EQ...always works well for me.

beuze

Post by beuze »

thanx for the Joachims tip!
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

mes wrote:I would suggest using Joachims Hyperion 30 band EQ...always works well for me.
A great EQ!! I use it more and more. All joachims machines are high quality level :ugeek:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

magmavander wrote:
mes wrote:I would suggest using Joachims Hyperion 30 band EQ...always works well for me.
A great EQ!! I use it more and more. All joachims machines are high quality level :ugeek:
Yes, it is a high quality machine, but it has a good appetite on my CPU. In a buzz project it takes about 10 % of it (athlon 3200+), the more sliders you move, the hungrier it gets. But anyway, it is very good (and very greedy). :P
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Klangkulisse wrote:Yes, it is a high quality machine, but it has a good appetite on my CPU. In a buzz project it takes about 10 % of it (athlon 3200+), the more sliders you move, the hungrier it gets. But anyway, it is very good (and very greedy). :P
Do you use the 1.1 version ? It's optimized. I cant say I have cpu problems with it.
Anyway I use it a lot to correct a single instrument and in this case I move a few sliders only.
Also I use it often to finalize a mix. In this case I use more sliders. Used with a visual eq tool, it's a great mix machine (I used Harc Vision to check equing but sometimes it freezes Buzz, in particular if you tweak it while playing).
Now I use the great free vst from voxengo called AnSpec ( http://www.voxengo.com/product/anspec/ ).
Would be cool to have a buzz native eq signal analyzer... A pity I dont know nothing about coding :oops:
Reefer Sutherland

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

These two I use for looking at frequencies in Buzz:

Sonogram SG-1
BlueCat FreqAnalyst
commadore65

Post by commadore65 »

UNZ wrote: wasn't eq10 buggy anyway ? (or was it eq7..)
anyway, plenty of (better) alternatives out there.
I've never used that :oops:
beuze

Post by beuze »

you're right, the BlueCat plugins are cool!

hey, magamavander, you don't need new machines, your music sounds always fantastic :D
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

magmavander wrote: Do you use the 1.1 version ? It's optimized. I cant say I have cpu problems with it.
Thanks for the tip, but both versions have a good appetite.
Never mind, it happened only a few times I had to replace it by another EQ to save CPU.