Having the dumb again, re:multi in/out routing

deusdiabolus

Having the dumb again, re:multi in/out routing

Post by deusdiabolus »

OK. Basically I'm trying to setup a track in which all of the machines use the same delay effect except for one. However, I still want to be able to have a meter on each machine input so that I can adjust the volume balance in comparison with the other machines. The way I'm attempting this is by plugging everything into JedShivaMeter-->Delay Machine-->Master. But what I'm trying to do is figure out how to bypass the delay with the drums, but still have it go through JedShiva.

I initially assumed I would only be able to do this in ld Mixer (which may still be the case), but for some reason, I can't seem to figure it out from there either. I found the Connect Aux setups in the right-click menu, but I couldn't figure out how to set up the delay as an aux with that...if that's even what I'm supposed to be doing.

Amusingly, I remember there being a tutorial on this on the old Buzzchurch forums before they were spaminated. I should have copypasted it to a text file or something.

TL,DR: How do you route multiple generators to a single effect using either ld mixer or JedShivaMeter (if it's possible with that)?
UNZ

Re: Having the dumb again, re:multi in/out routing

Post by UNZ »

http://buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=1048

i think this could help, as it has multiple outputs, put the meters wherever you need (on the inputs, outputs or thru channels)
double07

Re: Having the dumb again, re:multi in/out routing

Post by double07 »

Yeah you want MixIO here... with MixIO and the "Wireless" setting on effects you don't really need aux in / out any more.

So you'd set it up something like this:

Insert mixIO into your track, add channels to it by going into the pattern editor and creating a new pattern then create tracks i.e. tracks = channels

Connect all the generators to mixIO on a separate channel (right click on little circle and choose appropriate channel), and connect all the generators to the delay.

Right click on the delay and tick "Wireless" to get rid of the wires. Now see on all the generators there's a little "u", standing for unwieldly delay (or whatever the name of the effect you're connected to wirelessly), you can click on that to change the volume of the input into the delay.

Then you can just mute/change the volume of the dry mix using mixIO and patterns as required.

(just thinking you might be able to do this a better way using through's I'll have a play later, don't have time now).