Using The Built-in SideChain Option in Plugins?

bahador

Using The Built-in SideChain Option in Plugins?

Post by bahador »

Hey guys, I’ve been working on Waves C6 effect recently and as you may know it offers a side-chain feature as well were you can set your side chain tracks to this multiband compressor. In pro tools, logic, reason and repeater there is a pre-defined approach of adjusting your buss sends and adjusting your received busses on each plugin or native effects. I was wondering if I can somehow have the same approach in buzz to use the side chain feature of this plugin on my kick & bass?

If so, I would be glad if someone let me know how it is possible in buzz to the sie chain feature of c6 as well?

mute

Re: Using The Built-in SideChain Option in Plugins?

Post by mute »

make the connection then right click the input circle to choose the sidechain channel
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

BTW what is your opinion about the Waves?
bahador

Post by bahador »

Mute,
Please forgive me I’m a bit slow and I’d appreciate it if you could explain a bit more I couldn’t find the input panel to set it to sidechain channel.

Mu_

It’s mostly about knowing your way around these plugins but most definitely the quality of their products is nothing even close to the quality of their marketing campaign.

Some of the wave’s plugins are pretty good like this new C6 multiband compressor but most of them are not. For dynamic processors I mostly use SSL Compressor, and sometimes I use CLA bundle processors LA2A and 1176 and they are good as well but for sure they are no match for IK multimedia LA2A and 1176 modules and I’ve recently worked with cakewalk LA2A though it’s not acting like LA2A with slow attack and release but it really is such an awesome leveler and you will appreciate the combination of fast and slow attack and release in this processor.

For EQ their new product is pretty awesome H-EQ and it has this awesome vintage quality but it’s too rough on the cpu. Fabfilter pro Q and ik multimedia leaner phase EQ are the ones I mostly use instead of H-EQ. SSL EQs are pretty good as well but not my taste.

You will see they have run so many ads on their Fairchild 670 plugin which they have named it puig child after Jack Joseph Puig cooperate with waves for making this processor and again it is no match for ik multimedia Fairchild 670. Basically their plugins are mediocre in my opinion when you have the chance to use UAD, Ik multimedia and fabfilter plugins. But truth to be told they have something that I have never seen anything close to it so far. Their Eddie Kramer HLS plugin, it really is magic. So briefly here’s a short list of the waves plugins I mostly use,

C6
Center
H-EQ
SSL Compressor
CLA Bundle (LA2A – 1176 and LA3A)
Krammer HLS
L3-LL Ultra
MetaFlanger
MondoMod
Rverb

You can get a full 1 week (not sure) trial of their v9 pack if you will.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Hmm what there should be (and I don't know why there isn't - I take it that you're using the new Polac VSTi loaders ?) is a multi-io circle appearing when you plug your machine into the compressor, then you click it and select the side-chain input mode....
rav

Post by rav »

I have had similar problem with other plugin.
Probably you must load vst3 version of this plugin.
Preferences>Global2>San Shell>vst3shell.dll and then reload buzz.

In my case input have appeared, but vst didnt work at all. GUI and Parameter List are locked in vst3 version. I was talking about iZotope Alloy 2.
Any clues?
bahador

Post by bahador »

it's like it is an issue with the waves plugings in buzz.
Attachments
buzz.jpg
Kooshan

Post by Kooshan »

The vst3 version works fine on my win7 system ,however i guess the non-vst3 versions should also work without any issues ?