buzz on linux

boombaxx

buzz on linux

Post by boombaxx »

will buzz run on linux if it has this the next-generation .NET platform (.NET Core) runs on Linux;

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/2 ... rs_update/
Joachip

Re: buzz on linux

Post by Joachip »

This is a frequently asked question. I think it boils down to "no, not unless you spend a long time messing with weird shit".

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1851
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2216

I would also imagine that you'll be struggling quite a bit with VST plugins. All in all, I'm not sure Linux is mature for audio yet, unless you're ready to spend a lot of time messing with things that should have just worked out of the box, and live with a horribly reduced selection of available software compared to Windows and OSX.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Did try the audio version of ubuntu it was ok. Not sure where linux fits in now since windows boxes are pennies. Win 7 has become the new ubuntu. Tried 8 and 10 meh. As long as all my software works on 7.
bozz

Post by bozz »

boombaxx wrote:will buzz run on linux if it has this the next-generation .NET platform (.NET Core) runs on Linux;

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/2 ... rs_update/
buzz runs in wine, if you find the correct version, search for something where you do NOT install anything, just copying files. Search for 'buzzmini.exe' and 'buzztiny.exe'
buze runs in wine, 0.5.8 or 0.5.9 work well, with old style sequencer editor, the latest buze has a different way, I did not like it.

Short answer is: YES, buzz and buze work well in wine, however I did not test extensively yet, but it seems they work.
bozz

Post by bozz »

Joachip wrote:All in all, I'm not sure Linux is mature for audio yet, unless you're ready to spend a lot of time messing with things that should have just worked out of the box, and live with a horribly reduced selection of available software compared to Windows and OSX.
Not sure what you are dreaming about here.
bozz

Post by bozz »

See also viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2259&p=12448#p12448
buze 0.5.9 is my current favourite for wine. See the link why.