adding track to machine

bigyo

adding track to machine

Post by bigyo »

Is there a way to add a track to effect in machine view, without going to pattern editor?
toothsoup

Re: adding track to machine

Post by toothsoup »

Not that I know of, but it's a fairly simple matter to click the machine, press enter, then hit ctrl+enter. Three buttons, not too bad?
mute

Post by mute »

bigyo: while you're around.. what runtimes does Filter require? I had problems recently trying to get it to work on someone else's system (never had a problem with it myself).

also.. while on the sequence editor with the pattern selected press enter, Ctrl+, then shift enter to return. super quick once you get it down, no mouse needed.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

the additional step to create a pattern for effects in buzz always kind of annoyed me.

wouldn't it be possible that efx also just have a default 0 pattern, then adding a new track to them would be a little faster too.

it shouldn't break anything ?

btw: if you are making a machine, there are calls to add tracks to the machine (on a button press or so). but i wonder what happens if the machine is an efx and doesn't have a pattern yet (i'll do this for mixio).
bigyo

Post by bigyo »

UNZ:

Code: Select all

virtual void SetNumTracks(CMachine *pmac, int n);		// bonus trivia question: why is calling this SetNumberOfTracks not a good idea?
this callback?

mute: 2p Filter was compiled with Visual C++ 6.0, i think it does not require any runtimes...
I'm updating my machines with Visual C++ 2010, here is 2p Filter: http://bigyo.untergrund.net/buzz/bigyo_ ... er_v13.zip it is SSE2 optimized now.
mute

Post by mute »

awesome!

Antonio: BTD and I had added a +/- track feature to the param window back when we were doin shit. I still got that code. I got all that parameterwindow code actually, I should post it and see if someone else wants to incorporate some of it.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

bigyo: no, what mute said. the +/- track feature from the managed side

mute:send codez :)
commadore65

Post by commadore65 »

UNZ wrote:the additional step to create a pattern for effects in buzz always kind of annoyed me.

wouldn't it be possible that efx also just have a default 0 pattern, then adding a new track to them would be a little faster too.
Do you mean making a new (visible) track aswell? If so the seq ed would get cluttered very quickly.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

commadore65 wrote:
UNZ wrote:the additional step to create a pattern for effects in buzz always kind of annoyed me.

Do you mean making a new (visible) track aswell? If so the seq ed would get cluttered very quickly.

i dunno, i end up automating almost every efx anyway. but maybe the seq could have like two sections: gen and efx, where you can collapse efx section or something..
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

posted the same idea in another thread
so we still need that WPF VERTICAL SEQUENCER btw :)