boombaxx

Re: Corona

Post by boombaxx »

Looking forward to hearing it Tinga :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

boombaxx wrote:Looking forward to hearing it Tinga
I'm just finishing 2 banks, one week and I upload, not complete, some corrections to do, critics and suggestions are welcome, a clean bank with normal sound, and another one very noizy, using mostly osc 3 like a LFO, two create very long phase sounds, it use only the classics waves to do that, so it's very easy to change the effect, 7F waves possible.
Take care , many sounds are absolutely horrible, test before...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxHuG ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxHuG ... sp=sharing

No samples, 100% sine triangle square parabola sawtooth noise.
Last edited by tinga on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Cool, some youtube samples plz. :)

I like not using any samples.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Thanks tinga
george

Post by george »

Thanks Tinga, will check them today.
tinga

Post by tinga »

I will finish these banks at the end of the week, many presets are not complete, now there are around 230 presets, but again some hours of work, I think my knowledge about Corona is fine now, I can begin new banks now, with more efficacy, Corona is a great plugin, probably one of best thing we can find on the market.
Oskari wrote:Cool, some youtube samples plz. :)

I like not using any samples.
Yes , I have to do that, I want to be a pro now, :lol: , and I prefer synthesis to sampling.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Banks are completed now, but again some corrections and adds to do, I am recording now examples, and also a generative bmx using this sounds, I begin now 2 other banks, the first one with only percussive sounds no samples, pure electro drum machine mostly based on poly_rhythms, afro cuban, so arpeggios will be construct by series, and sounds by kits, Corona with his extraordinary dynamic is great for percussion. The second one will use some samples, my 4 birds.sf2 personal soundfont and also some samples from Buzz, bellerophon, hamstring, fudrum, and corona, it will be about tuned instruments, imitation of other synths sounds, a new exercice for me.
noises
wendy
About some presets absolutely too noisy, they needs reverbs, filters, and eq to be usable, it's just a signal.
All sounds with a "classic wave" for osc3 (additional LFO) can be change, many different noises possible (7f).
george

Post by george »

Hey Tinga, some impressive sounds there! I'm checking out your new banks and there is a missing buzz.dwb/clik.wav in some presets.

Also, would you mind if I mirror your banks? I'd like to make an official discoDSP announcement. Thanks!
tinga

Post by tinga »

boombaxx wrote:"hat is the midi cc for mod matrix sliders in corona cannot see them in params list
It seems that these params are not 7bits, 2000 values, all others params are 7 bits, I like the modulation matrix for that, very fine tuning.
George wrote:Also, would you mind if I mirror your banks? I'd like to make an official discoDSP announcement. Thanks!
Yes, I made some change this morning, I continue this afternoon and I'll re post this evening, you can use it, for external waves, I think i changed it in last evening upload, 4 or 5 days and the work will be ready, with demo sounds and some notes.
Corona's bass are really impressive, and in the the high frequency, the richness is fantastic, especially metallic resonances, we can make cymbals, and others goodies.
george

Post by george »

tinga wrote: Yes, I made some change this morning, I continue this afternoon and I'll re post this evening, you can use it, for external waves, I think i changed it in last evening upload, 4 or 5 days and the work will be ready, with demo sounds and some notes.
Corona's bass are really impressive, and in the the high frequency, the richness is fantastic, especially metallic resonances, we can make cymbals, and others goodies.
I can wait if it's going to take such small time, thank you for your permission. I'll start once everything is ready by your side.

By the way, Corona is 40% off until August 31 http://www.discodsp.com/corona/
tinga

Post by tinga »

Banks.7z
(64.17 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Maybe 20 or 30 mw added, several changes, 7z compression, still some polishing to do.
george

Post by george »

tinga wrote:
Banks.7z
Maybe 20 or 30 mw added, several changes, 7z compression, still some polishing to do.
Cool, still getting Wave file not found: Buzz.dwb/clik.wav with 013. Wendy bank.
tinga

Post by tinga »

George wrote:Cool, still getting Wave file not found: Buzz.dwb/clik.wav with 013. Wendy bank.
Very strange, I changed the sound by replacing the wave, I verified several times all the bank, and I don't find any external wave, I suspect a bug, because when I try other banks using external samples after moving the dwb in other place, I don't get any message while many samples are missing, it is not the first time I detect weird things with this function, but for the wendy bank, i get a message.
george

Post by george »

Yeah, after checking the xml preset source there is nothing pointing to that Buzz.dwb/clik.wav indeed so it may be a Corona bug.
tinga

Post by tinga »

A video for the Birds&Noises soundbank
Is it good format? probably a little bit too long 30 mn, but 128 presets, and compression cuts all high freq, I will make the second one in few hours, soundbanks are ready now, I'm happy because I have a nice water sound, the best i never made (end of the video).
george

Post by george »

Seems perfect for me :) I will mirror and prepare a official announcement once your work is finished.
tinga

Post by tinga »

The second video, one sound has been destroyed by movie maker compression.
I replaced the 2 files on my google drive.
george

Post by george »

tinga wrote:The second video, one sound has been destroyed by movie maker compression, I replaced the files on my google drive.
Some beautiful sounds there! discoDSP Banks and News page will be updated asap. Thanks a million for your valuable work tinga

Edit: Bank files are now mirrored at http://www.discodsp.com/banks/
george

Post by george »

tinga

Post by tinga »

Cool, of course the work is not finished, there is some CPU waspe :? , it's so difficult (for me) to rule exactly all the params, for the EP I tried to make, I didn't find solution for bass notes, maybe a split, we can have real Rhodes bass with Corona, all the MW aren't implemented everywhere, many things to discover about this machine, it wasn't my opinion one month ago, but working more on the beast make me realize some important things I missed about it, Corona is very ergonomic, the gui is perfect, but the machine is complex, so many possibility, a terrific synth. :dance:
Maybe a param EQ will be useful in the effects.