Best option for freezing tracks to .wav?

esp81

Best option for freezing tracks to .wav?

Post by esp81 »

Are there any buzz machines that will allow me to freeze my tracks to .wav files?
onecircles

Re: Best option for freezing tracks to .wav?

Post by onecircles »

You probably will have to do it manually by using the hard disc recorder, and then using polac media vst or his winamp vst to play the track. It is the buzz way.

Not sure if syncing things up will go smoothly, maybe yes maybe no. Tell me your results if you do this project :)
polac

Post by polac »

Pvst has a freeze option accessible via the edit menu. However to have freeze available you have to use one of the polac wave output drivers such as polac asio. You can access the wav files via the freeze option submenu too(see open freeze directory).
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

*slow clap increasing in speed and getting louder*
IXix

Post by IXix »

sgorpi mtw works well
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

For the entire mix, the 'Render Loop' option in Hard Disk Recorder is great: it renders the track as quickly as possible (and silently). Note that hardware synths don't like it if you don't render in real-time (my Virus TI doesn't, anyway); in which case 'Record Loop', which renders in real time, is your friend.

For individual tracks: sgorpi mtw.

The nice thing here is that you can use Render Loop in combination with mtw to bounce the individual tracks as quickly as possible.
bozz

Post by bozz »

IXix wrote:sgorpi mtw works well
How to use it? Any shortest step by step guide? Thanks in advance.
IXix

Post by IXix »

bozz wrote:How to use it? Any shortest step by step guide? Thanks in advance.
Insert an instance of mtw anywhere you want to write the signal to disk. IIRC the wavs take the name of the machine. You set up destination folder in the mtw dialog. I think it automatically writes when Buzz is playing.
bozz

Post by bozz »

No, does not. I think what I read in other topics, you need to connect it to something, so did not try this yet. Connecting to master would double the signal I guess, if you do it in parallel, not sequentially. So there was another machine with volume=0, so you can just connect to it and forget, no meaning musically, just for connecting purposes so this tool can do its job.
ags

Post by ags »

It works exactly as described as long as you have added patterns for it.
Try reading & following the instructions in the .txt file that comes with the plugin.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Be careful with the built in hard-disk recorder. It's good in a pinch but it will introduce a slight delay between record and the start of playback. Meaning you will have maybe 30 milliseconds or so to cut out in a wave editor. I have to try rendering with Sgorpi hooked up though, it seems like a great time-saver and maybe it won't do the delay thing cuz of the internal triggers.

LD mixer has a record function and I believe it's also 32 bit. Does that work with the current build? It seems like it'd be a great time-saver as well, just plug everything into it and choose a directory.

Polac adapter uses 16 bit for the exported "freeze" last I checked, which is why the above options are better, but still a hassle.
polac

Post by polac »

Polac adapter uses 16 bit for the exported "freeze" last I checked, which is why the above options are better, but still a hassle.
I don't think so, iirc 32bit float or int32 is the format. It uses 16bit if you record to wavetable however.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Sgorpi mtw is pretty easy to use, once you understand it.

1) add one to each machine you wish to record, name it to the track name

machine -> sgorpi_mtw (renamed e.g.: piano track)-> something

2) you must connect the mtw to something so that sound passes through it, I don't know why but it does not work if you don't connect it to something

3) set up 2 patterns on *only one* of your sgorpi_mtw machines, one pattern with a 1 in the trigger column (the far right one whatever it's called) and one pattern with a 0 (1 start, 0 stop), and place them at the start and end of your song, respectively.

4) open up the mtw interface and make sure your output directory is enabled, and that all the tracks are armed for recording

5) hit play and let it do its thing
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

That'is what I call a good and clear instruction – thanks!