Toggle midi edit. Midi edit channel 2? Workflow!?

onecircles

Toggle midi edit. Midi edit channel 2? Workflow!?

Post by onecircles »

Spending time with BTDSys Pulsar. Such an amazing granular style synth, give it a try if you haven't. It's monotimbral as far as I can see, and I want to write 7th chords so I put 4 of them in and put them on midi channels 1-4. Set up the keyboard to easily switch between those channels, and I run into a problem I have encountered before:

Which is that buzz seems to only accept midi edit on channel 1. You can play on other channels, and record on other channels, but you can't midi edit. This wouldn't be a big deal if you could toggle the midi edit box with a key command, but I don't think that's possible. Does pattern xp mod do this? I haven't been using it since my last install. It is a large hassle to check and uncheck the midi edit box, and you forget and write data into 2 patterns in 2 synths at once, because it doesn't disable it when the focus changes in pattern view either.

I'd say this is at the top of my list of desired features. (assuming it's not in there and I don't know how to use it) Midi edit on all midi channels.