Buzzmachines is under attack by bots. Save the machines!

onecircles

Buzzmachines is under attack by bots. Save the machines!

Post by onecircles »

I grabbed rout808 yesterday when I was introducing buzz to my little brother. In the search results there were a lot of 'machines' that were ads for tractors and hot air balloon rides and shiz.

We all know that buzzmachines is in a deteriorating condition. My greatest fear is that the website will go down and we won't be able to access all those lovely machines. So I was thinking of trying to download everything on the website and upload it to a file sharing website like mega, and as a torrent, so any of us could pretty easily grab every single machine if we wanted to have copies backed up for ourselves. I really would like to have a copy of every version of every machine on my own hard drive to drop into my gear folder at my desire. We've all got the space now days.

So I'll probably begin doing this in the evenings. Feel free to join me. We should also make a master list of buzz machines that the buzz wizards can take a look at to see if there's anything we're missing. Gotta catch em all!
onecircles

Re: Buzzmachines is under attack by bots. Save the machines!

Post by onecircles »

This could also be a good opportunity to bring some lesser known buzz machines that aren't on buzzmachines back out of the shadows. There are some machines that aren't on there right?
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

You have some good ideas referring to backup the machines (imo) ... I know that you were able to grab some machines from a page which was related to joachip (as far as I remember edit: buzzdotrobotplanetdk) and I'm convinced this storage is trustworthy, but I dunno if he hosts every machine, and to my surprise I saw a website were the machines already seemed to be stored on another server, I don't know if it is trustworthy and stops 2010, just google kickedbyconsole and buzz, but do it at your own risk ...

The most important question is why the bots reached the aim that buzzmachines.com looks like a page which isn't trustworthy anymore , what happened to MVA :?: I took the time and mailed him, when something seemed not to be right on buzzmachinesdotcom, but I stopped with this behaviour some years ago, didn't wanna be a bourgeois :) the first thing you read on the site is an obit to XIOND from august 2014, not very trustworthy for possible newbies, but perhaps MVA just hasn't the time or the power anymore to fight the bots and spammers ...
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Maybe you noticed I removed the link from jeskola.net. Joachip has had an alternative site in the works for a while but I don't know when it will be done.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

onecircles wrote:In the search results there were a lot of 'machines' that were ads for tractors and hot air balloon rides and shiz.
I just tried searching for a few different things, but didn't really get anything very bad. Could you please explain exactly what you searched for, and what you saw? Screenshots highly appreciated. Without that I don't have anything substancial to send to Mva.

And yes, a replacement site is in progress. I've been downprioritizing it because of business while bm.com was still (sort of) running, but I guess I need to speed that shit up now.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I just searched for 808 in machines/effects. I've just done the same search and all the ads are gone. I don't know if they were manually cleaned or some script automatically swept them up or what. What I saw were a bunch of machine entries in the search that were along side the machines but had names like 'low price pharmaceuticals' or something.

Now everything's normal except for this ubiquitous stuff that's always at the top of the page.

Notice: Undefined variable: developer in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/search.php on line 6

Notice: Undefined index: developer in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/search.php on line 6

Notice: Undefined index: geneff in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/machines.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined index: limit in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/machines.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined index: order in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/machines.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined index: type in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/machines.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: letter in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/machines.php on line 21

Notice: Undefined index: desc in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/machines.php on line 22
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Could you please explain exactly what you searched for, and what you saw?

Hello joachip, sorry just me, not onecircles, please have a look at the theme-site of buzzmachines, the one where the themes for the new Buzz are on, the first 30 themes are only bull***t advertisinbg for some strange products or services ... also above the latest reviews section there is the following line:
Notice: Undefined variable: diskicon in /public/sites/www.buzzmachines.com/index.php on line 317, it looks pretty untrustworthy, 'cause it is directly on the start page, the stuff in the themes area once was already deleted by MVA, but a few days later some new s**t was on the themes site ... I'm almost convinced it wasn't placed by bots ...
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Oh that must have been it, I forgot that I searched for xd simplon as well! Thanks for the help buzztler.
Willy

Post by Willy »

onecircles wrote:a file sharing website like mega
Do not support Mega. Just don't.

Joachip: don't forget to make your website responsive :ugeek:
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Sorry forthe OT but what's wrong with Mega? I signed up yesterday since Copy is being discontinued.
Willy

Post by Willy »

AndersBrontosaurus wrote:Sorry forthe OT but what's wrong with Mega?
His owner, Kim 'Dotcom' Schmitz.

Anyway, only now after the user database has leaked, the admin thought it would be good to close down Buzzmachines :roll:
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Well it was about time for some euthanasia. The mutant was suffering.
I better hurry up with that replacement site. It's half done...
http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

how crazy do you have to be to attack a site like buzzmachines.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Joachip wrote:Well it was about time for some euthanasia. The mutant was suffering.
I better hurry up with that replacement site. It's half done...
http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/
If I can help... I will try to check my buzz machines collection to see if I have some that are not online on your (great!!!) site :dance:
lotti

Post by lotti »

Thx Joachip for that great service :dance: meanwhile buzzmachines seems to be completly down.

I was just searching for the latest peerCtrl version. Through your site i found btdsys name and on his site on lazytrap there seems to be even a newer version (files -> for new buzz).

Of course it would be perfect to have one single page to find all latest versions, but i see that this could make a lot of effort. So before downloading I'll just try to google the authors name and see if on his page there is something newer... Or might it be a better idea to use the versions on your site, since there are more stable? :roll:

Sorry for OT about concrete peerctl issue... As a starter it doesn't seem easy to get the "right" versions to build a buzz setup which works fine. I'll ask in another post...
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

There at lots of buzz machines out there that are newer than what was available on both buzzmachines.com and my site. Some developers just posted stuff on their own page, and some just posted them in here. But forums are probably the worst place imaginable for that, because you never know if you found the latest version or not.

Until my new buzz machines site is fully operational, please send me the machines that are missing, and I'll add them to the database. Make sure to include as much info as possible about the machines.
tinga

Post by tinga »

I updated yesterdays these 2 links
Just my current gear for effects and generators (the same that I copy/paste since 2002, but near all is updated)
Generators
Effects
7z, but of course you have it.