your method for live sync

synthphase

your method for live sync

Post by synthphase »

Hello all,

I'm working with a bass player who uses a loop pedal that does not sync to midi. I thought it was impossible to avoid drifting when trying to sync another loop source with a pedal like this because you can never start the loop at the exact same time. I'm hoping someone has experience to prove me wrong though.

I'm looking for a solid technique for syncing buzz without midi where I can do it reliably in a live or improv situation. I know it's possible to get lucky one or two times with tap tempo, etc, but there has to be a better way..

Thanks
onecircles

Re: your method for live sync

Post by onecircles »

Everyone has to play in sync to you! You're the computer! Or they need to get something where you can share a clock like midi as you mentioned or worldclock. (I don't have experience with this) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_clock

I'd say your bassist needs to get a new pedal that can sync, or play without loops, or just use it as a long delay and sync by tapping. (In which case a little inconsistency won't sound bad)
lotti

Re: your method for live sync

Post by lotti »

I'm using mobius vst for that but without midi it may be hard to control: Then you must manually press record in the gui... We use it with various foot pedals assigned via midi to various mobius functions (rec, overdub, mute, undo).

The vst supports multiple in- & outports and offers a lot of options e.g. sync to host. It seems very stable to me. It was the only way we found to have two analogous player (git & violine) playing loops in sync with each other.

When you add sounds in buzz, there is nothing to add to "Everyone has to play in sync to you!"