Buzz as midi slave

KNAR

Buzz as midi slave

Post by KNAR »

is there a way to have buzz act as a slave to an incoming midi signal and respond to the usual start/stop and clock signals?
KNAR

Re: Buzz as midi slave

Post by KNAR »

I have tried the pdoom msync but cant get it to go for more than about a bar without crashing buzz. i get the warning that the TPB is wrong but its just set at 4.
lotti

Post by lotti »

Where does the midi signal come from?

I once tried to sync two buzz instances over midi: The slave side worked very easy, just put pdoom msync and assigned the correct midi port - there was nothing more to do.
I had a few problems on the master side to create the midi clock. At the end it worked using PVSTi. I loaded a midiOut channel through right click -> plugins, then opened the gui and switched on MIDI Clock and Transmit Song Pos. There were some differents between MTC and MMC mode, but I can't remember and didn't understand them.

So since on the client side there was nothing to do, I assume your incoming midi signal might not be what pdoom's msync needs...? TPB 4 seems fine. Are bpm on slave and midi side the same?

If you haven't, check his help file (usually in your mdb folder... C:/Users/.../Documents/Buzz/MDB/Gear/generators/P. DooM's HACK Msync.htm)
thepr0f

Post by thepr0f »

I was looking into something similar a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2057

In the end I didn't get very far with the problem. For my purposes I just work around it.