buzz forums

forums of the buzz
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: IX PatchBay III
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:32 pm 

Not having any success trying to upload this to buzzmachines or buzz.robotplanet.dk yet so I'll just post it here for now.

IX PatchBay 3.0 (x86)
IX PatchBay 3.0 (x64)

This is pretty much the same as PatchBay 2.0 but sort of way better. The big difference is that routing is controllable by parameters now and you can have multiple versions of the machine with different numbers of inputs/outputs by renaming the dll files (see the documentation for more details)

There are a bunch of other smaller improvements too but I can't remember exactly what features version 2.0 had and I'm too lazy to go find out. Anyway, this one is much better. Feedback welcome.

edit: You really need to read the installation instructions. :)

Post subject: Re: IX PatchBay III
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:34 pm 

Great, perfect for long change with a large fade time, so funny to create a new machine just by changing name 8-) , Thanks, it will replace the 2.0. I like my new 4x3, just to begin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 am 

tinga wrote:
Great, perfect for long change with a large fade time, so funny to create a new machine just by changing name 8-) , Thanks, it will replace the 2.0. I like my new 4x3, just to begin.

Glad you like it. There are a few little things I'd like to add to improve the workflow but they're mostly cosmetic and I ran out of enthusiasm. I think 2.0 was a bit buggy, shouldn't have let it out when I did. This one is far better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 pm 

Can this be used together with reaper? Or what is the best way of using buzz together with reaper? I would like to record buzz experiments, in real-time into reaper, via multiple tracks/channels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:16 am 

bozz wrote:
Can this be used together with reaper? Or what is the best way of using buzz together with reaper? I would like to record buzz experiments, in real-time into reaper, via multiple tracks/channels.

I suppose it could be useful in some way.

I've never tried to get sound from Buzz to Reaper but I'd imagine you could use the ReaRoute ASIO driver for Buzz output and feed that into Reaper tracks. If that's the case then I guess you could set up a bunch of Polac's ASIO out machines sending to different ReaRoute channels and use my Patchbay to control what gets sent where.

Others around here will know more about getting sound from Buzz to other programs. I think what you want is possible but I couldn't say how well it would work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 pm 

I see, thanks. And is there any offline method of exporting the song to .wav files, so you could mix e.g. in Reaper? e.g. export each arrow going to MASTER as separate .wav file, would be a nice or useful option. But then you would need to arrange fully in buzz, it would not be same.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:46 pm 

bozz wrote:
I see, thanks. And is there any offline method of exporting the song to .wav files, so you could mix e.g. in Reaper? e.g. export each arrow going to MASTER as separate .wav file, would be a nice or useful option. But then you would need to arrange fully in buzz, it would not be same.

You can use sgorpi's mtw (Multi Track Writer) machine to make separate wavs. Each instance of mtw makes its own wav and they shar a common basic mixer interface. So you just insert an mtw anywhere where you want to record the signal to disk. I've used it to export tracks for a friend to mix in Cubase and it worked well.

You could connect the ouputs of IX PatchBay to mtw machines and use the patchbay to route signals for recording to wavs.