peerctrl broken?

szaszhareen

peerctrl broken?

Post by szaszhareen »

anyone else having issues with peerctrl? that thing is happening where you click "assign parameter" and nothing happens. I registered envelope.ocx and the problem remains.
szaszhareen

Re: peerctrl broken?

Post by szaszhareen »

ok, well, that was easy. ran regsvr32 from an elevated cmd prompt and it worked. :geek:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hi Szaszhareen,
could you explain it a little more detailed, hot to process regsvr32?
I have the same problem that nothing happens clicking on assign settings
I am not used to cmd prompting and I have already problems to figure ot the right path or how to type it correctly. :roll:
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

Sure! :)

click start and type in cmd
you'll see the command prompt in the results
right click it and click run as administrator
open windows explorer and navigate to your buzz folder
copy the path to that folder from the address bar
go back to your command prompt and type regsvr32
don't hit enter yet, you're now going to click at the top left corner of the command prompt to get the context menu, then click edit, then click paste
now the path you copied earlier is in there after the regsvr32 command. enclose it in quotes and add envelope.ocx at the end, so that it looks like this (your path is probably the same as mine):

hit enter and you should get a prompt that says something like "registering the file was successful". Let me know if it works. :)

:geek:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hey Szaszhareen,
success – thanks a lot!

Very accurate and easy to understand briefing :)
And yes – you have to run it as an administrator!

Thanks again :dance:
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

How about adding this to the wiki?
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Szaszhareen, you have saved me.

I just got a new midi controller with a lot of bits and bobs, and peer control has never worked for me. I was making due, but it was getting pretty intense. Thanks man!
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

So peer control 'works' for me now but I'm having this issue.

I can only assign one parameter from the machine to peer control. I cannot assign a bunch of oscillators or anything like that. Just one parameter. The parameter remains highlighted, and when I try to assign a new parameter, it overwrites the older one.

Also, is this a viable way of keeping all your midi assignments? Do you recall all your midi assignments using a traditional buzz template? Thanks!
Paul Eye

Post by Paul Eye »

onecircles wrote:I can only assign one parameter from the machine to peer control.
Add tracks to the PeerCtrl to control more params :)
And you can also assign more than one param per track (read the docs, everything's in there).
tinga

Post by tinga »

Paul Eye wrote:Add tracks to the PeerCtrl to control more params
And BTDSys PeerCtrl is a 256 tracks machine, its one of my favorite, a great midi controler, and yoiu can also control attributes of all machines, 4 xbox pads, leap motion, etc... a must in Buzz
Paul Eye wrote:read the docs, everything's in there
Yes yes, very important to read the docs, BTDSys always make very clear help
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Thanks so much guys! I forgot to check in the effects folder for documentation when the about window didn't bring anything up.

I've just been through a full day of mapping synth parameters to my controller with serious problems.

The biggest thing is that buzz will just randomly drop all your assignments. I'll get a bmx going where my assignments work. I'll quit, reload they are all there. Then I come back... all gone.

It's really unfortunate that mapping parameters isn't handled better within buzz, but then we have btdsys and judging from his other work, he's probably done it as well as it can be done!
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Spent some time with peer ctrl, it's great.

I am having an issue though, namely buzz is crashing when I save If I have peer ctrl loaded.

Removing peer ctrl causes the bmx to save normally.

Separate question. How do you move assignments around? Is it by template, by preset, or do you have to build your BMX around your mappings and use it as your starting point?

I hope I can get this plugin to allow me to save, I don't think I can live without it!
lotti

Post by lotti »

I want to start working with peerCtrl as well.

I downloaded the latest from joachips site (buzz robotplanet dk) and the one directly from btdsys site (lazytrap) and compared:

btdsys_peerctrl_15 from robotplanet offers a lot more files, eg a htm manual which i like a lot for getting started. It includes BTDSys PeerCtrl 'Basic' and PeerCtrl and comes with a subfolder and three more dlls (Mixer GUI, etc - the plugins?)

peers_newbuzz directly from btdsys includes Peer LFO, Chord and Ctrl and just one additional dll (PAL2).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2130 Here they are talking about version 1.6 which a can't find anywhere.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1252#p7994 Here there is a BTDSys PeerCtrl (x86 dll only, static MFC) - 2014.04.08 Fix or something... :?:

Which ist the prefered version to use? Also I'm curious how to use the same assignments in different bmx...
AndersBrontosaurus

Hi. I'm at work so can't explain properly right now.
Here is a link to manuals. There is a great manual for peerctrl and how to save assignments.
You are probably just rightclicking parameters and assigning them to knobs. Don't do that. :-)
Also avoid peerctrl basic. I've failed with assigning with that machine.
In short you need to go to peerctrl>assignments>midi CC settings (button to the right).
twist the knob you wish to assign and peerctrl will tell you the midi channel and the cc. Then just assign it. Note that peerctrl numbers midi 1-16 while Buzz use 0-15.
When you're done with assigning save it as a song or a template.

Have a look at it and i'll try to give better help tonight. Good luck!

We are by the way deviating from the OP so this should be discussed in a separate thread.

Use buzz gen link below. Page 29. :-)

AndersBrontosaurus

3.jpg
3.jpg (307.89 KiB) Viewed 11567 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

lotti wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2130 Here they are talking about version 1.6 which a can't find anywhere.
PeerCtrl 1.6 is availabe from SourceForge (as are all other BTDSys machines)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/btdsys/files/PeerCtrl/
lotti wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1252#p7994 Here there is a BTDSys PeerCtrl (x86 dll only, static MFC) - 2014.04.08 Fix or something... :?:
Just changed how the dll was compiled, no change to the actual machine. It fixes a crash when opening dialogs caused by weird, obscure, evil computer gnomes.
lotti wrote:Which ist the prefered version to use? Also I'm curious how to use the same assignments in different bmx...
Use the SourceForge 1.6 unless you have the problem that prompted the static MFC build. IIRC certain dialogs would cause instant Buzz death but I can't recall if it was all or just some of them. I guess I should upload those static MFC builds to SF at some point.
TheQuietMan

Post by TheQuietMan »

This may prove helpful. A short YouTube vid on setting up peerctrl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVYUf2BN8Q

Cheers.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

Thanks Szaszhareen, finally I got peerctrl working by registering it.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

yessss! detailed worksteps ftw! XD

glad this silly self post has helped many! :geek:
liftman

Post by liftman »

maan! thanx! you made my day!