Chatpad with Buzz?

AndersBrontosaurus

Chatpad with Buzz?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I know, you'd better learn to walk before you run and I can barely crawl but still, I just have to throw out this question. Since xbox and peerctrl is said to work fine together would it hypothetically be possible to use a Chatpad to control Buzz with or without midi?
mcbpete

Re: Chatpad with Buzz?

Post by mcbpete »

This thing ?

I imagine if they made a Windows driver for it, it'd just be treated as a USB keyboard device. What exactly would you use it for anyway ?
AndersBrontosaurus

Thanks. I forgot to add photo.
The plan would be to use it as a regular qwertykeyboard for jammingsessions controlling patternist or scalewalker. It would be ideal if it would be treated as a gamepad anyway and not regular keyboard since I want to use 2 keyboards.
I know there is a version of Chatpad working with xbox one and Windows 10 but that's not gonna happen for me.
I've seen this working with a pc but it seems to take its work.
One alternative would, as mentioned, be if I could use thekeys to control peerctrl.
AndersBrontosaurus

Tinga, do you have any reflections?
tinga

Post by tinga »

Maybe the driver for XBox for PeerCtrl have to be modified, but if win10 accept it as a normal keyboard, it will be very cool to have it to play with scalewalker, I'm just connecting now XBox pad with scalewalker, to do something like that, this funny thing give me the idea.
I have a Wifi pad, but mine seems a little bit different, microsoft sucks...
AndersBrontosaurus

problem is that you need win10 and the expensive xboxonecontrol. I want to stick with xbox360 and win8. If peerctrl could be modified it would be awesome. I'll also try to investigate if FreePIE could be used to send midimessages or (standard letters via VMPK)
DinahMoe seems to be down tonight so I can't try it.