tinga is in the wood

magmavander

tinga is in the wood

Post by magmavander »

Hi,

I recently visited a very beautiful castle called Chaumont (in Loir et Cher) and there is a 'garden festival'.
One of the creation makes me think about the famous tinga's chairs.
You walk under a tree with lianas falling from it. When you touch the lianas with your body, it plays some very beautiful and various sounds. It was an amazing, poetic and very esthetical experience.
go to this page :
http://www.domaine-chaumont.fr/festival ... pandable=0
and then click on the number 19bis.
It's a creation from the aKousthéa company :
http://akousthea.pagesperso-orange.fr/a ... cueil.html
here you'll see some video of the tree.
tinga

Re: tinga is in the wood

Post by tinga »

hi, Mag

Strange coincidence, i have to reply just today for a similar project with a sculptor girl friend, and it's very easy in buzz to create great interactive things.
PeerTrig+8micros (very chip micros, 10 euros each), a sound card with 8 in, accumulator lfo peerscale, peertune, polac audio etc...

Peertrig is very effective, the musical garden is a thing i have in my head since a long time, as i'm now grandfather, i'm making a psychedelic plush, music box and toys that make sound are painful, the same tune thousand of times, it's just guantanamo, so a wireless (security, security) xbox pad inside a plush, jeskola buzz, some good speackers, and i preserve children's ears.

Thanks to all the devs who make my life funniest.
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

tinga wrote: as i'm now grandfather, i'm making a psychedelic plush, music box and toys that make sound are painful, the same tune thousand of times, it's just guantanamo, so a wireless (security, security) xbox pad inside a plush, jeskola buzz, some good speackers, and i preserve children's ears.
Brilliant!
As soon as I understand how to control peerctrl with xbox this will be on my to do list for my 2-year-old. <3
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Peertrig is very effective, the musical garden is a thing i have in my head since a long time, as i'm now grandfather, i'm making a psychedelic plush, music box and toys that make sound are painful, the same tune thousand of times, it's just guantanamo, so a wireless (security, security) xbox pad inside a plush, jeskola buzz, some good speackers, and i preserve children's ears.

Awesome. :D