Xbox-PeerCtrl, can I control the axis/buttons behaviour?

AndersBrontosaurus

Xbox-PeerCtrl, can I control the axis/buttons behaviour?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Ok. Superhappy! Finally I can control things with my gamepad. I will probably post several annoying questions here the upcoming week. Since I endorse the way of one question per thread rather than a post saying " 10 questions about..." It'll probably be some amount of threads I'm afraid.

First question (since I've found no explanation in the basic manual for peerctrl):
I can assign a parameter to an axis or a button. That is fine but I've noticed that the parameter always returns to center when I let go of it. I'd like to have other possibilities like
  • -
  • parameter shouldn't always have it's fixed point in the center but anywhere I choose.
  • I want to be able to move the parameter without the parameter moving back to original place when I let go of the axis. (it would be nice if I could reset it with a pressing the axisbutton though).
  • If I assign a trigger for a drum to a button it trigs both when I press and release button. Can I remove trig at release?
This is the things I'd like to control. Is it possible? In that case, how?
tinga

Re: Xbox-PeerCtrl, can I control the axis/buttons behaviour?

Post by tinga »

AndersBrontosaurus wrote:If I assign a trigger for a drum to a button it trigs both when I press and release button. Can I remove trig at release?
For drum, it's depend what you use, with BTDSys SGrid, it's works fine, as you see in this bmx. (X A and left trig are used)
AndersBrontosaurus wrote:parameter shouldn't always have it's fixed point in the center but anywhere I choose.
Use the the value mapping, you can't imagine all the good things you can do with this graphic editor, and you can enlarge the view (thanks IX) for more accuracy.
I use PeerCtrl to control all machines, specially peer machines, a single track can control many params with a different curve for each one of them, essential to control ScaleWalker "mode" and "n value".
BTDSys PeerCtrl is a masterpiece.
AndersBrontosaurus

tinga wrote:
AndersBrontosaurus wrote:If I assign a trigger for a drum to a button it trigs both when I press and release button. Can I remove trig at release?
For drum, it's depend what you use, with BTDSys SGrid, it's works fine, as you see in this bmx. (X A and left trig are used)
Ah. Yes, it works fine with samplegrid but if I want to control other buzzmachines like Erskick etc? I've tried to route it through other triggers too but it always doublekick.
tinga wrote:
AndersBrontosaurus wrote:parameter shouldn't always have it's fixed point in the center but anywhere I choose.
Use the the value mapping, you can't imagine all the good things you can do with this graphic editor, and you can enlarge the view (thanks IX) for more accuracy.
oh. I'm definetely trying. So far it just makes strange jumps. :-)
What does the "sustain" do?
tinga wrote: I use PeerCtrl to control all machines, specially peer machines, a single track can control many params with a different curve for each one of them, essential to control ScaleWalker "mode" and "n value".
BTDSys PeerCtrl is a masterpiece.
This is just so much above my level. <3
AndersBrontosaurus

AndersBrontosaurus wrote:
tinga wrote:
Ah. Yes, it works fine with samplegrid but if I want to control other buzzmachines like Erskick etc? I've tried to route it through other triggers too but it always doublekick.
peerctrl>ixaccumulator>erskick did the trick
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

i'm really stoked to hear that you got your xbox controller to work with buzz! may you become tinga volume 2! :dance:
AndersBrontosaurus

szaszhareen wrote:i'm really stoked to hear that you got your xbox controller to work with buzz! may you become tinga volume 2! :dance:
That would be the day!
Unfortunately that's not going to happen. There is no thing as Tinga v2. I look on it more as a game like Wow or so where you level up after certain achievements.

The levels are something like

lvl 1 Shy N00b
lv5 Nervous Novice
lvl 10 Active Apprentice
20 Buzzy Bee
30 Platinum Sapphire brain
40 Burning Luke Skywalker xbox tiefighter
50 xSpocks
60 Unknown
70 Unknown
100 Tinga.

I'll hopefully reach level 5 soon.