Suddenly cannot use Hard Disk Recorder

Sunshine in a Bag

Suddenly cannot use Hard Disk Recorder

Post by Sunshine in a Bag »

Attempting to record/render results in the message, "System Error: The system cannot find the path specified."

Clicking "Save As" gives me this:
Buzz_PresentationFramework.jpg
Buzz_PresentationFramework.jpg (300.7 KiB) Viewed 3853 times
Going to debug console, I notice every line with [WPFTraceListener] has the same error description. This doesn't appear to have broken anything else so I won't include the seemingly non-relevant lines.

00:17 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'SettingsGUIEnabled' property not found on 'object' ''HDRecorderWindow' (Name='')'. BindingExpression:Path=SettingsGUIEnabled; DataItem='HDRecorderWindow' (Name=''); target element is 'Button' (Name=''); target property is 'IsEnabled' (type 'Boolean')
01:15 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'SettingsGUIEnabled' property not found on 'object' ''HDRecorderWindow' (Name='')'. BindingExpression:Path=SettingsGUIEnabled; DataItem='HDRecorderWindow' (Name=''); target element is 'Button' (Name=''); target property is 'IsEnabled' (type 'Boolean')
16:28 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'SettingsGUIEnabled' property not found on 'object' ''HDRecorderWindow' (Name='')'. BindingExpression:Path=SettingsGUIEnabled; DataItem='HDRecorderWindow' (Name=''); target element is 'Button' (Name=''); target property is 'IsEnabled' (type 'Boolean')

I haven't been able to find any help elsewhere that I can understand. Hopefully there's a tech wiz or two here willing to help me out! I'll love you forever.

Also: I'm on Windows 7, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling buzz already.
UNZ

Re: Suddenly cannot use Hard Disk Recorder

Post by UNZ »

are you using some third party theme ? if yes, don't.
Sunshine in a Bag

Nope. :(

(can i also just say how nostalgic it is for me to be using phpBB forum emotes again?)
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

ah i think i know whats up: the path you last used with hdrecorder doesn't exist anymore.

got into the registry (regedit.exe) and delete the value of the following item:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Jeskola\Buzz\BuzzGUI\HDRecorderPath

should work again
Sunshine in a Bag

You got it, thanks a bunch. :D
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Awesome work, UNZ!