Problems with the VST "DSK Strings"

AndersBrontosaurus

Problems with the VST "DSK Strings"

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I've never been too interested in simulating real instruments. If you want a guitar, get a guitar. Anyway, after having seen pac's demo of krossin and philharmonic I changed my mind. Found DSK strings and gave it a try. I like the sounds but it gives me a multitude of problems and errormessages. It eats cpu, every time I restart the song I have to clone the vst's to get sound and when I exit Buzz crash with plenty of error messages.

If anybody have any suggestions I'd be grateful.

Can I fix the issues?
Should I surrender, record the tracks and play them in UTrk instead?
Should I use another vst?
Is this the moment where I finally have to understand what .sfz is?

https://soundcloud.com/andersbrontosaurus/3takt
Attachments
Some of the plenty errors...
Some of the plenty errors...
que2.jpg (521.32 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
Last edited by AndersBrontosaurus on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t-scale

Re: Problems with DSK Strings

Post by t-scale »

im having the same issues with 75% of my old tracks. i have no idea what is causing this problem. seems to be a problem related to the pattern editor..
can someone help? pls.. im on win7 (bootcamp)
Last edited by t-scale on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magmavander

Re: Problems with the VST "DSK Strings"

Post by magmavander »

the DSK vst are known for their poor quality an are badly optimized.
You can try some soundfonts (there a good number of quality strings soundfonts), we have a fantastic soundfonts player with XS-1.
As VST you can try Matnitron, simple but very good. Or check SampleTank at IK Multimedia with a free version of it which include excellent strings. Go to KVR site and check strings vst.
About old buzz songs I didnt really have this problem. Most problem I have are missing machines and/or vst.
PS : cool song at soundcloud Anders 8-)
t-scale

Post by t-scale »

no worries its sorted.. just using the oldest stable release works for me. (1059 i think)
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

magmavander wrote:the DSK vst are known for their poor quality an are badly optimized.
You can try some soundfonts (there a good number of quality strings soundfonts), we have a fantastic soundfonts player with XS-1.
As VST you can try Matnitron, simple but very good. ....
PS : cool song at soundcloud Anders 8-)
Thanks. Good to know that for once it's not me who's the problem. I'll have a look at Matnitron. Part from that I guess I'll solve it by recording the tracks I've made and play it in Utrk and then use soundfonts for the rest of the song. Found something called Sonatina that seems promising.

Glad you like it. I really would like to work more on it.

/Anders