No sound output, ancient buzz user returning

alien_refugee

No sound output, ancient buzz user returning

Post by alien_refugee »

Hi fellow Buzz users

I've gone up and down the forums looking for an answer but am stuck.

setup: win7 pro, x64, soundblaster audigy rx

I've installed both the x86 and x64 versions of Buzz as well as Polac's ASIO. Despite my best efforts to config, I've got no sound output at all.

I've also tried with the built in MOBO soundcard, with no avail.

Getting a little frustrated - it's been at least 10 years since I've produced and been on Buzz. My heart skipped a beat when i saw that there was recent development with the proggie - it brought back all the good ol memories of endless hours of tinkering (1999-2005).

Please help, I need to make some techno and trying to get a way from using Reason.

Cheers
alien_refugee
alien_refugee

Re: No sound output, ancient buzz user returning

Post by alien_refugee »

Ignore

loaded up asio4all using polacs asio module. something "kicked in" because now i can also use the creative asio drivers :D i'm beyond happy

another question, can i use the new midi keyboard to play notes? polyphony too? can't seem to figure that one out now.
i've played with "Buzze" a few yrs ago and could use the keyboard to preview the notes in machine view, is that in the works here?

well, if i get an answer great, if not at least i've got buzz back
mridlen

Re: No sound output, ancient buzz user returning

Post by mridlen »

You have to pick your midi input device in the preferences menu. Then it will pick up midi notes on channel 1 and send those to the machine in focus. You can set up other channels in the right click menu.

I actually use Buzz for my live VST host when playing with my band. Very fast and works better than anything else I've used. I just use the MIDI channel to pick my preset and use the IX split to configure my keyboard splits (and sometimes the polac vst key ranges as well).