Ancient user returns

s0und

Ancient user returns

Post by s0und »

Hey guys,

used to do alot of buzzing back from early 2k's

Ive got the client DL'ed but i can't really seem to find any of these old machine and fx packs. Any ideas where i can find those today?

Cheers :dance:
magmavander

Re: Ancient user returns

Post by magmavander »

Hi,

welcome back ;)
Yeah, buzzmachines is down at the moment.
A lot of individual machines here, still all existing machines :

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk

A big thank to Joachip to keep all these machines online (and with a lot of infos about it).

I have uploaded these machines packs that you can download at buzzmachines before the site was down :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9rop ... zdzUkxWZ1E

You'll find :

BM_UpdatePack_Feb2004.exe
Buzz_Complete_BigPack_Jun-2011.rar
Buzzmachines_Massive_Pack_Feb2004.exe

Cheers!!

mag
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Also check this :

http://zabumba.free.fr/generative/buzz.html

you'll find a BIG collection of effects and generators. Thanks Tinga!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Some game changing gear you need to check out:

MixIO (probably the best mixer I've ever used)

Check out PatternXP mod, and recent midi recording improvements in the new Buzz... it has improved a lot. Patterns can be customized (e.g. I only want the note column) even in the stock PatternXP, and there are many hidden columns if you need something specific.

Jeskola Limiter (it has a meter now)

IXSplit (you can do keyboard splits in Buzz visually and easily)

The Polac VST loaders (not sure exactly how long ago these came out but they are amazing). You can set them up to stop processing if the audio drops below an audible level on a per-VST basis. You can also set up keyboard ranges (for keyboard splits when you need pitch bend and mod wheel access), and a myriad of other things so look through the settings on these.

The zoomable interface (check around in the settings to change the default level)

Set your CPU preferences in the settings. You can enable/disable multithreading, so depending on how your system is set up that can be very helpful.
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

mridlen wrote:Some game changing gear you need to check out:
...and Snowglobe scalewalker
PEGASUS

Post by PEGASUS »

Ahh! I'm back baby!

The artist formerly known as MEIOSIS

Hey Magma! long time ;)

Looking forward to remixing my many tracks of the ages, big respect Oskari!

Peace,

Andy

Perth, Australia.
neur0h@ck

Post by neur0h@ck »

Hello buzzers. Nice to be a member of this forum. I'm back as well after a long absence.

Started buzzing in 1997/1998 with the very first beta versions! Through the years I kept track of development but only since last week did I truly take the time to get things back on track.

So I have most of the machines, the latest build and most of it works... but I have some problems which I just can't find an answer too, so here goes:

For the occasion I have re-installed windows 7 since I am a Linux user now. However some things don't seem to work on this OS.

Like the MixIO gui. It crashes everytime. Also the Farbrausch V2 gui, it won't load as well. I would like a solution for this, does anyone have one? For extra details, the trouble with Mathilde tracker I did solve with Fixkit. Also I tried install visual C++ runtime 2015, but that thing hangs on install just everytime.

I can go for Windows XP. Tried that a few years back and had both MixIO and V2 gui. But on that OS Buzz just crashes a lot more, also Greenmilk crashes most of the time. So I would like to have it all in Windows 7.

Anyone? Thanks!
tinga

Post by tinga »

neur0h@ck wrote:Also I tried install visual C++ runtime 2015, but that thing hangs on install just everytime.
Same thing for me with win7
Farbrausch V2 can't be opened now in new buzz, however bmx using it work, but normally there is no problem with mix IO or GreenMilk (great synth!) in win7 or 10.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

neur0h@ck wrote:Like the MixIO gui. It crashes everytime.
never seen the mixio gui crash. please explain what happens. i think its either your GPU driver or your .net installation or the redistributable you lack.
neur0h@ck

Post by neur0h@ck »

tinga wrote:Farbrausch V2 can't be opened now in new buzz, however bmx using it work, but normally there is no problem with mix IO or GreenMilk (great synth!) in win7 or 10.
Well I could open it when I had a install on winxp. I had a pirated edition (black edition) that includes a lot of drivers and it just worked fine on it. So did mixIO btw. That option is still open, revert back to xp for buzz...

However Greenmilk just works really fine on win7, it has never ever crashed so far. (which is a milestone compared to winxp when you would have to restart buzz every time when loading a tune with it).
UNZ wrote:never seen the mixio gui crash. please explain what happens. i think its either your GPU driver or your .net installation or the redistributable you lack.
I will provide more details in a few days.

Btw... Is buzz dead? Haven't seen a new build for a long time. Too too bad, it has always been my favorite despite all the obvious drawbacks...

So I'm looking for a new music studio. Somehow the mainstream stuff like live, cubase and whatever just don't work for me. I need a tracker! I found beast (through this forum), trying to build it but it's quite a task when you're not using a debian based linux... So for now I stick with buzz.
polac

Post by polac »

Also the Farbrausch V2 gui, it won't load as well
Try the vst version of farbrausch v2 in polac vst and run it as a separate process(hold shift key while loading the vst).