Mac pro

boombaxx

Mac pro

Post by boombaxx »

Been offered a mac pro cheap. Loads of memory and xeon processors. Is there a way to to trigger 2 buzz instances at once so they are in sync. Polac midi comes to mind
ags

Re: Mac pro

Post by ags »

Rename the topic so someone who knows might see it
(none of us use a mac)
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

you can just install windows trough bootcamp. xeon should be great.
as for syncing two buzz instances, i wouldn't bother. why do you want to do this?
lotti

Post by lotti »

I just described here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2204 how I synced two buzz instances. I even did it on a Mac - after installing windows on it ;)

The only thing you'll need is a midi connection, either physical or digital. With rtpMidi it should even be possible to sync two buzz instances over the internet, but I didn't test that.

My brother an me once used rtpMidi to change parameters: He played a midi keyboard in chile assigned to a generator in my buzz and I was sitting in germany and playing with cutoff and stuff, we had a funny time with that.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

It was fun doing up the mac also got a raspberry pi an old amiga a1200. It is very useful even today built to last. I love the boing sound at the start and it has it's own built in speaker sounds like a radio
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

It was built on a very limited budget of 150 pounds total including buying the computer 50 pounds.It started and went boing but no screen failed video card replaced that I ended up with an 8 core @ 3ghz 1333 mhz 32 gb ram ebay SK. The mac pro 1.1 is built on obsolete intel server tech which is extremely cheap at the moment that will not last. You don't have to install mac os. Mac rumours forum has all the details. Cheap way to get loads of cpus and loads of ram which buzz loves in a really nice case :ugeek:

http://forums.macrumors.com/forums/mac-pro.1/