[Solved] Defect Gear is crashing buzz file, any fixer tools?

JMC

[Solved] Defect Gear is crashing buzz file, any fixer tools?

Post by JMC »

Hi,

I have made a buzz file with some machines and effects, all did work well, every effect was in use and did make sound :)
Then out of nothing buzz did crash, I restarted buzz and opened the last save, every thing was right, near as before.
Then is did try to remove a effect called SinDist, some distortion effect, and buzz did crash.
Every time i try to remove this effect i get a crash.
Then i did try a tool called BuzzHelper.exe, there i can load the *.bmx file and remove connections and effects or generators and save the file under a new name, but when i load this file buzz crashes directly.

So my question is now, how can i remove machines from a buzz file outside of buzz?
is there a new rescue tool like BuzzHelper.exe for the new buzz?
Last edited by JMC on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
JMC

Re: Defect Gear is crashing buzz file, any fixer tools?

Post by JMC »

I could solve the problem,

I opened the file and as always buzz did crash when i removed the SinDist.
The old bmx fix tool did not help, the problem got woerse and buzz did crash emeadiatly after loading the restored file from BuzzHelper.exe.

... at the end I did just open the file with this nasty SinDist and then i pressed CTRL and clicked every Instrument to select them but not the SinDist machine, then i did copy them over the edit menu, opened a new file and then i could paste every thing into a new file without SinDist.

This was the way to remove an unremoveable machine/effect/generator that is crashing buzz when deleting or removing from the file.

Thanks any way