buzz forums

forums of the buzz
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:34 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:04 pm
Posts: 273
It should be pretty easy to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 277
Something like this would be awesome for those long automations. Editing tick per tick isn't always desirable. The orange and blue lines automate two different parameters on the "drums" machine. The green line automates a paremeter on a VST plug-in using polac VST. There would also have to be some way to choose which parameter(s) to automate.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:59 pm 

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 am
Posts: 76
Joachip wrote:
Something like this would be awesome for those long automations. Editing tick per tick isn't always desirable. The orange and blue lines automate two different parameters on the "drums" machine. The green line automates a paremeter on a VST plug-in using polac VST. There would also have to be some way to choose which parameter(s) to automate.

Image



This looks pretty good, I would really like to have this kind of automation in the patterns also ...maybe an option to switch between the ctrl+g and this style of automation. Snap to grid and being able to manually type in a value for each node would be nice also.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:01 pm
Posts: 6
That would be great, but it is especially important work with automation, such as copying, rotated 180 degrees, so that everything lives easier


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 297
Location: berlin
resizeable automation columns for a machine would be great. or a seperate window on the right side.

imagine you could color-code each machine in the MachineView which will also be reflected also by the machine header in the SequencerView.
(that new color parameter could be used in a theme to display a colored frame or whatever you want around the machine)

an additional checkbox in the sequencer view could enable a automation column with the same header color.
in that column header we could use a comboxbox to choose which parameter to edit.
the column itself displays the actual automation pattern.(00...) and the graph.
if you then click points (subtick depeding) in the sequencer /automation column, the pattern length would increase automatically when clicking outside pattern length. but only until you click in another pattern.
it would also be cool to click and rezise automation pattern lengths (or invert and mirror...).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 277
mes wrote:
...maybe an option to switch between the ctrl+g and this style of automation.

This is on the F4 page (song overview), not inside the pattern editor.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:47 pm 

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 am
Posts: 76
right...that's why I said in the previous sentence that it would be nice to have this kind of automation in the patterns (xp) also. so we can line up the automation with note events...it would be an improvement over the current ctrl+g automation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 277
Ohh, right. Gotta wipe the french paté off my glasses here... 8-)

I must say that the long automations in the song overview is what I need the most. Especially when doing long ambient stuff where things filter up and down all the time over very long time spans, typically covering many patterns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:37 pm 

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm
Posts: 20
vaisnava wrote:
Yes it would be nice on the sequencer... not the pattern. ;) Lines, nodes, curves, etc.



that could potentially be very complicated with short patterns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 297
Location: berlin
how about a <CTRL> + MouseWheel Up/Down to zoom in/out in the sequenceeditor.
(who wants tom implement it? :))


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 pm
Posts: 145
strobotone wrote:
how about a <CTRL> + MouseWheel Up/Down to zoom in/out in the sequenceeditor.
(who wants tom implement it? :))

I'm not a developer...and I don't have mouse-wheel. Just saying.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 297
Location: berlin
however. when we had that graphical automation and short patterns, we were still able to use the Step combobox to zoom in/out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:28 pm 

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 am
Posts: 76
bump! please let's keep this topic going =)


drawing automation is probably the biggest feature request I could possibly think of...if this happens you'll never hear another complaint from me about anything. lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:17 am
Posts: 36
Location: Australia
mes wrote:
bump! please let's keep this topic going =)


drawing automation is probably the biggest feature request I could possibly think of...if this happens you'll never hear another complaint from me about anything. lol


I agree, visual automation in patterns and sequencers would make buzz near perfect for me.

Edit: How about we put our money where our mouth is... I'll donate another EU$50 for this feature :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 am 

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Posts: 31
Would it be a feasible improvement to the Sequence View the option to display only horizontally expandable Generators columns?
By clicking in the column/Generator name it would expand in as many columns as machines in its Effects chain; by clicking it again they would collapse in one Generator column.

Another neat feature for the (so far fictional) visual parameter automation in the Sequence View would be the possibility to display in a Generator column any parameter curve of any machine in the respective Effects chain.
Thus, that duplicated parameter curve would be synchronized, controllable both from its own Effect column and from the Generator column.
(visibility and lock ability would be essential curve display options for that plot, as well as colors and labeling)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:16 pm 

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 pm
Posts: 169
cntrl-g..how did i miss this.. :oops: does this work for all the columns ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:42 pm
Posts: 687
syphilissauna wrote:
cntrl-g..how did i miss this.. :oops: does this work for all the columns ?

of course


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:12 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:11 pm
Posts: 89
I'm surprised to see so many replies in this thread without the mention of PeerADSR,
why nobody knows of this machine? it should be exactly what you're looking for.

http://buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=699

You can store as many as 200 custom envelopes in it. so no need to worry about limits.
Default pattern max length is 16 ticks but you can set it up to 4096 ticks!

Only downside is you can't make curvy envelopes without adding a lot of points (but you can
remove the "snap to" to place dots whereever you want, and/or set grid size to adjust snapping area)

cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:42 pm
Posts: 687
Dean wrote:
I'm surprised to see so many replies in this thread without the mention of PeerADSR,
why nobody knows of this machine? it should be exactly what you're looking for.

http://buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=699

You can store as many as 200 custom envelopes in it. so no need to worry about limits.
Default pattern max length is 16 ticks but you can set it up to 4096 ticks!

Only downside is you can't make curvy envelopes without adding a lot of points (but you can
remove the "snap to" to place dots whereever you want, and/or set grid size to adjust snapping area)

cheers!



what people usually mean is bezier curves, not point-by-point envelopes with linear interpolation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:24 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:11 pm
Posts: 89
UNZ wrote:
Dean wrote:
I'm surprised to see so many replies in this thread without the mention of PeerADSR,
why nobody knows of this machine? it should be exactly what you're looking for.

http://buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=699

You can store as many as 200 custom envelopes in it. so no need to worry about limits.
Default pattern max length is 16 ticks but you can set it up to 4096 ticks!

Only downside is you can't make curvy envelopes without adding a lot of points (but you can
remove the "snap to" to place dots whereever you want, and/or set grid size to adjust snapping area)

cheers!



what people usually mean is bezier curves, not point-by-point envelopes.


I thought op simply requested a visual "adsr" type envelope, and I didn't see any curvy solutions in the other posts.
peercontrols are limited to transmit data one tick at a time, so full resolution-curve via peer isn't an option to go by anyway
(thus it makes sense to put points in the grid of peeradsr, cause that's what you'll output anyway),
anyway, maybe the request was for a host-function, and then of course I know nothing about that :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group