Which polac vst loader works with buze 0.5.9 in wine?

bozz

Which polac vst loader works with buze 0.5.9 in wine?

Post by bozz »

Sorry for the complicated question, tried with latest and buze is crashing in wine. My goal is finding a way of loading vsti in buze, e.g. 0.5.9 which works in wine. Any suggestions?

buze 0.8.9 runs nicely, I can load vsti, however the original cool, simple sequence view of buzz was removed in this version. Hmm, exactly because of this cool sequence view I want to use buzz or buze mainly. Not having it is a bit like a showstopper for me. Thus my trying with older versions, so far without any success.

Can not the next buze version have an option of getting back the classic sequence view? For all users who wants the sequence view to be as simple as possible. This is one of its main parts or not? Of course it is nice, if buze develops, but why removing the cool, simple original concept? I think this is more step backwards, what are other thoughts?
Joachip

Re: Which polac vst loader works with buze 0.5.9 in wine?

Post by Joachip »

bozz wrote:buze 0.8.9 runs nicely, I can load vsti, however the original cool, simple sequence view of buzz was removed in this version.
Are you talking about Buzz or Buzé?

They are two different pieces of software written by different people.
bozz

Post by bozz »

I am talking of what I wrote, if you can read. Thanks for replying.
ags

Post by ags »

bozz wrote:Sorry for the complicated question, tried with latest and buze is crashing in wine. My goal is finding a way of loading vsti in buze, e.g. 0.5.9 which works in wine. Any suggestions?
That version of Buzé is form 2008 so try a version of the VST(i) loader that's at least that old (assuming it ever worked.)
https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/old/

As for the rest of your post, you're asking in the wrong forum, since as joahchip pointed out; they are 2 different softwares.
bozz

Post by bozz »

Yes, but did buzz users never try buze? sourceforge forum I asked also, but that forum is not so nice, as you might know better than me. Maybe I have to find some other tracker forums with more activity. Or just in Reaper forum, buzz, buze, Reaper, for me all related topics, if you are open minded enough.
polac

Post by polac »

I made a version especially for buze, the newer versions are not compatible with buze:

https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/buze_po ... .9.9.1.zip
bozz

Post by bozz »

Cool, thanks a lot. I had downloaded this zip before already, but did not test it yet. Just tested now. It works after those steps:

1. copy from 'gear' directory and all its subdirectories files to the big letter versions in my buze 0.5.9 directory.
2. then 'gui is initializing' did not continue, had to do something more.
3. removed two files, dxscan.exe and vstscan.exe from buze dir, kept there only scan.exe and vst.exe, then it worked. I could load a vsti, tested with SQ8L.

Thanks a lot polac and all the other cool developers. Now I can move to the next topic, trying to multi-route from buzz and buze to Reaper, for that I need to install first wineasio in linux, which is another complicated topic, unfortunately.
bozz

Post by bozz »

Tried again with buze 0.5.9 in wine.

I guess your above buze variant of pvst is only for compatibility, in case you made songs before in buzz and want to load and play them inside buze? It seems to work. Thanks.

Now buze 0.5.9 even can use the ASIO output channels successfully, using the machine 'Audio Out' in the menu 'Native zzub'. Great. I could route the kick separately to Reaper via ASIO. Wonderful. Thanks buze, thanks buzz, the whole community and all developers! :)

The score is now for wine: buze 0.5.9 - buzz 1.2: 1 - 0

Finally I can use the elegance of both programs together, buzz great for composition, having fun, Reaper great for mixing. In the background linux kicking away windows. :lol:

Actually if I am counting the better way of loading samples into Waves slot in buze 0.5.9 using simply ENTER, it hits one more goal against buzz 1.2.

The score is now for wine: buze 0.5.9 - buzz 1.2: 2 - 0