Latest Buze version, without the confusing Pattern Format

bozz

Latest Buze version, without the confusing Pattern Format

Post by bozz »

and with the old/original Sequence Editor of buzz and its entire workflow, ENTER for switchng between sequence editor and pattern. Is Buze 0.5.8 the latest version or are there newer ones?

I am asking I want something which works nicely in wine, for having fun for a few minutes, e.g. while traveling in trains, so I saw the latest original Buzz 1503 does not work in wine, then wanted to test quickly in VirtualBox, saw you need to install .NET, said ok, then seeing a 800MB or so download, thought, no. So best I found so far is Buze. But latest Buze has too much confusion, for a beginner like me, and all the original coolness is not there any more, as described above. Mainly I like Buze 0.5.8, however this version does not have any built in vst support yet. So are there any newer Buze versions, with built in vst support and the original Buzz like feeling. This is very important. As a short formula I am looking for:

Buze 0.5.8 + built-in vst support

UPDATE: For a solution, see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2259&p=11938#p11938
Last edited by bozz on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ags

Re: Latest Buze version, without the confusing Pattern Forma

Post by ags »

This sounds like a question for Buze's own forum, but 0.5.x is the last in the series before the change in direction afaik.

However, are you aware of the attempts to clone Buzz natively on Linux?
For example: http://buzztrax.org/
bozz

Re: Latest Buze version, without the confusing Pattern Forma

Post by bozz »

Yes, did not try this yet, but looks a bit strange.