New LD Mixer?

bahador

New LD Mixer?

Post by bahador »

The other day I downloaded the latest version of ld mixer which will be run properly through over loader and auxbuss.dll.

First of all I was wondering if overloader is compatible with the nubuzz and it runs safely (without any crashing) on the new buzz? and if so where I can download the latest version of overloader nad AUXBUS.DLL?

Thanks.
Joachip

Re: New LD Mixer?

Post by Joachip »

The overloader only works with the REALLY old Buzz. Forget about the overloader. :roll:
bahador

Post by bahador »

the ld mixer won't load then joachim, what should i do about that?
ags

Post by ags »

mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I use LD Mixer all the time, it works fine on the new buzz builds and doesn't need Overloader. And no Overloader doesn't work on anything other than the original Buzz (it was meant as a way to try and patch issues on something where the source code was no longer available)
bahador

Post by bahador »

It’s been 11 years that I have been working with a non graphical DAW(buzz) we are in 2012 it is now so hard for me to still work with a none graphical mixer which actually unlike any other mixers out there is coded horizontally!! In buzz we sequence vertically and we mix horizontally in the real world we mix vertically and we sequence horizontally. But that’s not the point, mixio mixer is just another interface like hundreds of effects and machines in buzz being adjusted horizontally with gray nubs without any graphics.

So that’s why in first place I wanted to work with something which at least has the interface of a mixer. We never see how much of compression we are getting in buzz (nothing graphical) they say do it with you ears but believe me even George massenburg, chris lord alge and bob Ludwig do their own mixing and mastering based on a optical and audible combination. Since the time I have touched, waves plugins I can hardly go back to what I used to do with only gray nubs going left to right and I really am highly appreciative of Polac’s effort for bringing us an opportunity to at least be able to run these vst’s in buzz. You MUST see the gain reduction the compression amount you are getting on each track while mixing and mastering, you MUST see the grade or scale of your levels in the mixer. So LD mixer was a touch of a graphical connection in buzz which is not working anymore at the moment.

I’m not complaining anymore maybe I’m just thinking out loud.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Pete, so maybe you can help me with my issue, I can load LD mixer but as soon as I connect any machine to LD mixer taken from buzz machines or vst plugins it crashes and closes buzz right away. What might be the reason causing this issue?
ags

Post by ags »

Where did you download the "latest version" ?
edit: of LD Mixer. as I assumed was obvious.
Last edited by ags on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinga

Post by tinga »

The ld mixer version for new buzz 1.21 (not the latest)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

bahador wrote:A naughty pirate bay link
Erm that appears to be a link to a pirated version of Waves ?!
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

i'm workin on a gui for mixio that will have all this, peak, rms meters etc to judge compression and all that stuff. i know its pretty much useless (as a mixer) without it (but can still do cool AM, panbrello etc hehe)

and yeah, stop the warez talk or risk a ban.
bahador

Post by bahador »

i downloaded the ld mixer from buzzmachines.com and yes that was the link to the waves bundle. Okay I didn't know it's against the rules to talk about warez sorry my bad.

we will be looking forward to the gui changes. i know some graphic let me know if i could be of any help.
mute

Post by mute »

bahador wrote:It’s been 11 years that I have been working with a non graphical DAW(buzz) we are in 2012 it is now so hard for me to still work with a none graphical mixer which actually unlike any other mixers out there is coded horizontally!! In buzz we sequence vertically and we mix horizontally in the real world we mix vertically and we sequence horizontally. But that’s not the point, mixio mixer is just another interface like hundreds of effects and machines in buzz being adjusted horizontally with gray nubs without any graphics.

So that’s why in first place I wanted to work with something which at least has the interface of a mixer. We never see how much of compression we are getting in buzz (nothing graphical) they say do it with you ears but believe me even George massenburg, chris lord alge and bob Ludwig do their own mixing and mastering based on a optical and audible combination. Since the time I have touched, waves plugins I can hardly go back to what I used to do with only gray nubs going left to right and I really am highly appreciative of Polac’s effort for bringing us an opportunity to at least be able to run these vst’s in buzz. You MUST see the gain reduction the compression amount you are getting on each track while mixing and mastering, you MUST see the grade or scale of your levels in the mixer. So LD mixer was a touch of a graphical connection in buzz which is not working anymore at the moment.

I’m not complaining anymore maybe I’m just thinking out loud.
Sounds like you are trying to smash a square peg (you) into a round hole (buzz). Why not try another host?

Also, I think you need a lesson in manners. In the future when you seek assistance how about not acting like a complete tool?
domtron

Post by domtron »

probably the greatest misunderstanding.

buzz IS a giant mixer and the master or the outputs are the sum.

no need to endless fiddle around with send's and return's.
what a awful idea to create a daw with a "mixer" anyway.
mute

Post by mute »

exactly. huge misunderstanding. i can understand other's workflow though and the desire for a mixer, but you won't catch me using one in buzz... not unless it incorporates some modular advantages or perhaps some live use. some metering here and there doesn't hurt.. so I could still find use with a channel strip mixer like the one antonio is working on.
domtron

Post by domtron »

mute wrote:some metering here and there doesn't hurt.. so I could still find use with a channel strip mixer like the one antonio is working on.
agreed. :D
bahador

Post by bahador »

Thanks Mute.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

i would love to see that new mixio gui, and some more vu meters here and there. jedshiva is a good one.
btw. i did not have the time yet to implement usable vu meters in the machines. (switching between led and vu)
mes

Post by mes »

sends and returns are kinda pointless in a modular environment like buzz, visual rms and gain reduction meters would be very nice though. I'm all for anything that can make buzz a bit more visual without making it too cluttered like most other software.