Note Detector - MIDI Noob Question…

Candle

Note Detector - MIDI Noob Question…

Post by Candle »

I DL'ed wde's Note Detector & was able to get it working detecting the notes of an input signal (awesome! :dance: ) but have yet to get the MIDI Note Send function to work (not-so-awesome :? ). Maybe it's a MIDI Noob thing (I admit, I don't have much experience with MIDI) but I seem to me missing something.

Here's some tech stuff to help us all troubleshoot:
  • Buzz Build 1503 x86
    Running on Windows 10
    Latest (I think :? ) Polac VST package (v1.1.10b (Build 30)
    loopMIDI v.1.0.13 (24)
    Note Detector v.0.3 (seems to be the latest)
Here's a screen-shot of the little test BMX I used to test Note Detector with :arrow:
Note Detector BMX - JPEG.jpg
Note Detector BMX - JPEG.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 3531 times
The ASET-2121 is a VSTi Synth that I have the Note Detector set to send Note On MIDI Information to. I have loopMIDI set as the MIDI Out device in Buzz's Preferences. Not sure what setting I'm missing to get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

See You In The Shadows…
wde

Re: Note Detector - MIDI Noob Question…

Post by wde »

Hi There. First double click Note Detector effect to open the parameter window. Then select the machines that you want to send the notes to and enable 'SendNotes'. All machines that are capable of receiving MIDI notes should work.

The notes are sent using the first MIDI channel, but for the next version I could add a parameter that allows the user to choose the target channel.
Note Detector.png
Note Detector.png (342.29 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
Candle

Post by Candle »

Hi wde, thanks for the quick reply!

I have the Note Detector set to send notes to the VSTi (ASET-2121) & the SendNotes parameter enabled. Is there some setting in Polac's VSTi loader that I'm missing for it to accept Note On commands via MIDI?

See You In The Shadows…
wde

Post by wde »

Not really sure what is going on. This machine uses internal SendMIDINote method to send midi note to another machine, so it is then up to Buzz or other machines how they handle the messages. Polac stuff work fine here so maybe you should test first using only Qsamo synths as the input audio source for Note Detector and also as the machine you want to send the notes to. Then it might be easier to figure out if some Buzz setting is wrong.
Candle

Post by Candle »

I just tried the Qsamo with the Note Detector & it works. So I tried changing the VSTi I was using & got it to work through the Polac Loader as well. It seems the ASET-2121 doesn't see MIDI Note messages. Too bad, because the ASET is the backbone of most of my sound. I'll have to control it another way (Snowglobe's ScaleWalker comes to mind…). Thank you for all of your help wde!

See You In The Shadows…