Sound card reset?

mridlen

Sound card reset?

Post by mridlen »

How do you reset the Polac ASIO soundcard when your other soundcard is missing? This might be important to know in case I have a malfunction of my soundcard right before a performance, and need to use a different model (my m-audio micro for backup).
nathansnider

Re: Sound card reset?

Post by nathansnider »

I just ran into this problem recently, and found the answer here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2138&view=next#p11245

Basically, you have to copy the ASIO driver registry entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\asio into the Polac ASIO entry under the Buzz registry.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Oh, that seems easy! I bet I can script this and write a tool to create a few regedit keys (i.e. a file for each sound card) based on that other key. Then you can just install whatever key based on which sound card you have plugged in!! I'll share on github when I have something ready to go, unless someone else can code that before I get to it. ;) Don't nobody steal credit for my idea now. ;) ;) ;)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Ok, I made the script. See my post in the Devs section: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2303&p=12248#p12248
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I seem to remember one of the fixkit ( http://aijai.net/~apo/buzz/fixkit/ ) options is to reset Buzz's soundcard back to 'silent'