Could someone please tell KiNK the good news...

Joachip

Could someone please tell KiNK the good news...

Post by Joachip »

www.residentadvisor.net/features/1213

He's saying that
1) Buzz adds a bit of silence when rendering out .wav files.
--> I had oskari fix this!

2) That Buzz is unstable.
--> My setup is extremely stable because I got rid of the machines causing Buzz.exe itself to appear unstable, but it was really because of plugins.

It would be a shame if he's struggling with issues like that, considering they've been solved now. I'd gladly write to him myself, but he probably doesn't know who I am, so I wonder if someone here knows him?

. . . . . always spread the Buzz love . . . . .
Some-E

Re: Could someone please tell KiNK the good news...

Post by Some-E »

Joachip wrote:http://www.residentadvisor.net/features/1213
He's saying that...
. . . . . always spread the Buzz love . . . . .
He's saying a lot actually... hm. Buzz-lover would say misleading. I see. There *is* rendering option etc.

I just wanted to say, I recently got a used Win 10 computer, dual-core AMD (AM2 socket) with 4 GB RAM. Faster than my old one I had used since 2007 or so. I installed the buzz via installer (32bit), and after that I copied the gear tree from my old computer. I faced NO problems. All the old and newer songs have opened fine. Just change the buzz settings (like subtick timing off) if some 4004 notes sound strange. Being an old user, I am still amazed and really thankful the migration went so easily. Have not much time to fiddle (and that's why I'm doing my stuff on buzz if I really need to get something done).

But this all we know already. One caveat I have: I don't use MIDI gear with buzz. It's an old decision after moving from Amiga to PC: no more tracker MIDI. Also, my soundcard latency issues causes awful MIDI timing jitter. And it would be carrot for me to really pick up MIDI seq/DAW softs, as I play the keyboards and would like to benefit from more advanced control data editing. Though it seems that sequencers generally don't have that good selection of advanced features. Like smoothing the selection of CC data...
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Some-E wrote:[All the old and newer songs have opened fine.
I had some plugins that no longer load (certain versions of samplegrid mostly, that had a windows 7 compatibility issue). I keep a VM of it on my dropbox for safe keeping. I can always render it out that way if needed.

That being said, it actually helped me to *recover* some old songs that crashed on my old setup. Thought I had lost them, but I kept the files around in hope of a solution. Glad I didn't delete them.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

I have trouble loading my oldest songs, but usually it's because they're using some really old machines that I stopped using because I found better replacements. And in that case I'll simply replace that machine and get better sound. It's more work, but it's worth it.

The only bmx files I have that are really troublesome to deal with are the ones I made in 44.1 kHz. But that's only the 15+ year old ones, and most of them aren't worth loading anyway.
dnafrequency

Post by dnafrequency »

My old songs crash on "Laurin" aka "Rosengarten" delay.....

I don't know why i'm saying this here. Maybe just cuz I'm drunk and it's almost my birthday. But it's a problem and I wish alot of things like... I wish I had a pony that shat 100 bills but I don't....
dnafrequency

Post by dnafrequency »

And you know what? I love that Laurin delay.... I played that tick switch like... man.... musical.

But whatever. I understand. I will just have to re-create my entire former OS environment on a VM maybe and then print all my tracks out to stems. I can do that probably.

But... I feel like a dipshit for thinking that Laurin was ever some magic delay that I can't get from any other device ever... And i kinda really feel it was/is special. But... if you know of any analogs then I'm open to listen.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

dnafrequency wrote:I wish I had a pony that shat 100 bills but I don't....
have you heard about the lord and saviour, bitcoin?
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

He's still a good producer but his glitch stuff with Buzz was amazing. I think he stopped doing glitch when he stopped using Buzz.