Missing machine: Soft Tone 3?

Mozart von Robot

Missing machine: Soft Tone 3?

Post by Mozart von Robot »

Going through old projects, I find one that used the machine Soft Tone 3 (or possibly Soft Tone; I may have used three and then removed two). I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone have it?
4516N41

Re: Missing machine: Soft Tone 3?

Post by 4516N41 »

Does not ring any bells is it an VST?. If not, open the machine parameter window and check the name there.There is Ninereeds softy, Softy 1, Softy 2, Softy 3. Could be what you are looking for?
4516N41

Post by 4516N41 »

If you need them(I could not find them all at Buzzmachines)

https://www.box.com/s/bli6q1w4r78xnzd0he1s Softy 1,2,3.

The Ninereeds Softy you can find at Buzzmachines
Mozart von Robot

Yes! Thank you, this seems to be it.

M4WII is apparently broken, though, so I guess I'm still more or less screwed...
4516N41

Post by 4516N41 »

M4WII is apparently broken, though, so I guess I'm still more or less screwed...
Hmm... it seems to work fine on my setup. How is it broken?
Mozart von Robot

4516N41 wrote:
That's the weird thing. I create a new project and use M4WII, it works. It does not, however, work in this one project. Not even if I clone with patterns. I just end up with empty patterns, and if I put the notes in manually, it's just silent.
4516N41

Post by 4516N41 »

Ah yes the "machine does not work on that project but did before I saved the file" sometimes appears as "That machine did not sound like that last time I listened to the song before I saved it even though it looped 3 times and all the parameters were correct at the right places"

I'm pretty sure you have tried most of the following.

1. I guess you have tried to strip everything from the original file except M4wII and save it and opened it to test(if it is connected to an fx chain start by removing that). Have you tried to import that file(Or the original)

2. I'm pretty sure you have changed presets on the machine to get it to make a sound and nudged every parameter, checked out edit and attributes.

3. This only works if you can create a new M4wII(not cloning) within the project and get it to make a sound. If the original file has the patterns with the notes and parameters. Disconnect the original and copy the notes and parameters manually to the new one. Then remove the old machine, save it as a bmw/bmx and make it a template(just in case). Try to import it to a copy of the original without the old M4wII or load the template.

3.5 If #3 does not work make a new song just with M4wII(Since that apparently works), open another Buzz, load the original file and manually add notes and the rest. save that new song and see if you can load it as a template or import it to the old song(without the old Mw4II).

4. Upload the file with just M4wII and let us see if we can reproduce the problem and maybe figure something out.
Mozart von Robot

4516N41 wrote:1. I guess you have tried to strip everything from the original file except M4wII and save it and opened it to test(if it is connected to an fx chain start by removing that). Have you tried to import that file(Or the original)
Yep, didn't work.
4516N41 wrote:2. I'm pretty sure you have changed presets on the machine to get it to make a sound and nudged every parameter, checked out edit and attributes.
Well, I've tried switching to various presets. Still silent. Not sure what I'm supposed to do in edit or attributes.
4516N41 wrote:3. This only works if you can create a new M4wII(not cloning) within the project and get it to make a sound. If the original file has the patterns with the notes and parameters. Disconnect the original and copy the notes and parameters manually to the new one. Then remove the old machine, save it as a bmw/bmx and make it a template(just in case). Try to import it to a copy of the original without the old M4wII or load the template.
I can copy from built-in pattern editor to built-in pattern editor, I've discovered. However, saving and loading the preset causes the machine to go silent. Permanently. Meaning if I try to change the preset again, it remains silent. I'll have to try changing every parameter manually when I have time to do that. Crazy amount of parameters in M4wII.
4516N41 wrote:3.5 If #3 does not work make a new song just with M4wII(Since that apparently works), open another Buzz, load the original file and manually add notes and the rest. save that new song and see if you can load it as a template or import it to the old song(without the old Mw4II).
4. Upload the file with just M4wII and let us see if we can reproduce the problem and maybe figure something out.
I'll definitely do that later. I shall return to this spot.
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

4516N41 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:40 pm
Attachments
M4WII.7z
(179.55 KiB) Downloaded 151 times