Regarding recording longer automations without recording...

bozz

Regarding recording longer automations without recording...

Post by bozz »

... into original 1bar pattern? How?

Example: I have one bar pattern, e.g. 303 bassline pattern. Now I want to automate the cutoff in realtime, e.g. up to line 1024 in sequencer. What is the best way of accomplishing this in buze 0.5.9

UPDATE: After reading a bit in this forum I can answer my question: The trick and secret is to know the leftmost column is the one where recording is done. Just create another track to same machine, then create a very long pattern, 1024 lines, then all your F7 recordings will go into this long pattern. Great. Now the short note patterns can stay clean, and all your fiddlings can go into such long patterns. Perfect design. Did not test yet, but you could do same trick as often as you want, just create another long pattern, to record just into this, without changing the previous round of automations, e.g. using for another parameter another track. The main advantage would be you could layer those patterns independently. Patterns for automations only and single automation parameter only.
onecircles

Re: Regarding recording longer automations without recording

Post by onecircles »

Good trick, I'll have to try this. I usually just quickly create a bunch of copies of the clean pattern using Ctrl shift enter and record into those.