Memory

rajmond

Memory

Post by rajmond »

Hello,

Just a quick one that I am afraid that no one has a solution for... I've been working with a friend lately a lot sending wave files back and forth, exporting all tracks, she fucks them up in her software which is not buzz and i import them back in to buzz using BTDSys audiotrack..

however I from time to time now find myself at the limit of ~2,3 gb of ram that buzz can utilize being a x86-application and whatnot

I do not want to switch over to the 64bit version (the last time i tested it was quite unstable?)

I guess there is no solution to my problem than bouncing and trying to keep the files smaller?

Cheerios
IXix

Re: Memory

Post by IXix »

I don't think any of the Buzz wav players can do direct from disk streaming. You could try using TX16Wx as that will DFD large files but you wouldn't be able to sync it easily for jumping around the timeline.

FWIW Buzz 64 seems pretty stable in itself and I use it quite a lot with 64bit VSTs. I think most of the instability comes from using x86 machines.

Also, BTDsys Audio track has been rendered obsolete by WDE AudioBlock which is amazing and works in both 32 and 64bit. :D
rajmond

Post by rajmond »

Yeah I just found audioblock. I've just been living in my bubble here. I Like the display-audio feature in audiotrack though :D
Candle

Post by Candle »

Audioblack displays the WAVs. I'm not sure what you mean by "display audio feature"?

See You In The Shadows…
rajmond

Post by rajmond »

Audioblock only displays the wave-files in the "modern sequencer" (that I also just found) not in the old sequencer view... :D

but if the modern sequencer becomes stable enough... :)
Candle

Post by Candle »

Funny, I've only ever used Audioblock without the modern sequencer & it's worked perfectly for me :?:

See You In The Shadows…
rajmond

Post by rajmond »

You mean you see the wave in the old sequencer l, not just in the audioblock plug? Show me?
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

I think you both are not speaking of the same thing.
There is wde Audioblock and btdsys Audiotrack. In this last one you can see the wave in the usual sequencer.
Some very basic use of Audiotrack :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcTfiN2obI
Candle

Post by Candle »

rajmond wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:54 am You mean you see the wave in the old sequencer l, not just in the audioblock plug? Show me?
I did not understand that this is what you meant, sorry. Yes, Audioblock will not show the Waveform in the standard Buzz sequencer. But that's not something I've ever worried about, personally. If you are wanting that, then Audiotrack is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

See You In The Shadows…