peerctrl xinput

tinga

peerctrl xinput

Post by tinga »

Trying to install buzz on a laptop (asus win7 x64 i5) , all is good exept one thing, xbox pad is not recognized, peerctrl works fine, but no xbox pad, and i can't use my musical chairs, of course xinput.dll is in generator/peerctrl folder :?
IXix

Re: peerctrl xinput

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Trying to install buzz on a laptop (asus win7 x64 i5) , all is good exept one thing, xbox pad is not recognized, peerctrl works fine, but no xbox pad, and i can't use my musical chairs, of course xinput.dll is in generator/peerctrl folder :?
So Windows sees the pad but peerctrl doesn't? I don't know anything about xinput.dll and I don't have access to an xbox pad (or any other game controller) so there's not much I can do. I could maybe try rebuilding the dll, see if I can compile an x64 version but PeerCtrl is a big project so I haven't tried to tackle it yet.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IX wrote:So Windows sees the pad but peerctrl doesn't?
yes

It's very strange, i've try on another laptop, and no trouble, maybe it's just a win7 problem only on this asus computer, xinput is not listed in the right click menu although dll is in the peerctrl's folder.
btd

Post by btd »

Have you tried loading the xinput.dll into dependency walker?

First thought: maybe you need to install DirectX.
tinga

Post by tinga »

btd wrote:Have you tried loading the xinput.dll into dependency walker?
Stupidly, i've just loaded peerctrl.dll, but not xinput.dll

I will verify for directx, (it's not my computer, i've not it at home, but it's to a musical association who wants to promote my chair's project) 8-)
tinga

Post by tinga »

btd wrote:First thought: maybe you need to install DirectX.
Solved :D it was directx, i like so much this forum, thx.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

this is probably a stupid question but up until I read this Ive always just been using JC-4 to use a joystick (or gamepad) to control various things .. am I reading correctly that with peerxinput I can now directly just assign a joystick or gamepad to peercontrol sliders ?
that would be rad ..

So I just checked my generator folder and I dont have anything in it called xinput.dll.. what am I missing here ?
tinga

Post by tinga »

syphilissauna wrote:am I reading correctly that with peerxinput I can now directly just assign a joystick or gamepad to peercontrol sliders ?
Xinput is in peerctrl's folder (generator folder), but it is "just" for xboxpad, and you can have 4 xbox joysticks simultaneously 8-)
All button and sticks are assignable.
So, Xboxpad control is a module of peerctrl, in right click menu.
mute

Post by mute »

I can just imagine tinga,.. with all his generative/autoplayers.. sittin in his computer chair, leaned back with 2 xbox controllers in each hand and listenin away for hours ;)
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

oh word thats cool I dont have that file in the folder .. which is strange as I was certain that I had the latest versions of all of the peer machines .
tinga

Post by tinga »

mute wrote:I can just imagine tinga,.. with all his generative/autoplayers.. sittin in his computer chair, leaned back with 2 xbox controllers in each hand and listenin away for hours
:lol: In a perfect world, yes maybe, but reality is always different, i've some technical things to resolve, the musical part is hell, relativion and arpeggiator give new posibillities, so many things to do for a coherent and attractive result. :roll:
I've also a deadline...

A small template with all the control for Pad1, connect one xbox360 controller (connect before opening buzz) and you have just to assign what you want. 18 controls is cool, an intuitive controller, not too expensive, easy to find one for 10 or 20 euros.
Xinput_18tracks.zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
And the place where you can find pctrl_xinput, (and also tons of great stuff):
http://btdsys.lazytrap.com/remository?f ... info&id=21
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

thanks tinga !
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

hey so i was looking around on ebay and amazon for an xbox controller (my joystick is getting old .. seriously only one of the buttons even works .. its an old "Top Gun" joystick ) and I was wondering If I have to get a microsoft brand xbox controller or just one with the same amount of buttons etc (made presumably by someone who is not microsoft )
commadore65

Post by commadore65 »

mute wrote:I can just imagine tinga,.. with all his generative/autoplayers.. sittin in his computer chair, leaned back with 2 xbox controllers in each hand and listenin away for hours ;)

I can just imagine him having a play on the rainbow strum surrounded by his melody orbs. His peer based templates are clearly not of this earth :P.
retrigger

Post by retrigger »

I use Fergo Joystick to get my joystick to midi. It's not buzz, but midi can do a lot of shit!

I Wish i could use rejoice or glove pie in win7...
Anthon Berg

Post by Anthon Berg »

Hope this isn't too much necromancy, but here goes.

Has anyone tried x360ce with the xbox xinput thing? x360ce is a wrapper/translator that translates the output of basically any gamepad into XBox controllerese. Lingua franca type of thing. x360ce is intended for games that only accept XBox controllers. I used this to play Dark Souls with a PS2 controller on an USB adapter. Kind of a weird setup, right? - it worked perfectly.

Here it is: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

I don't have the hardware to try this atm - lent the controller to a friend that's fighting influenza :)

(First post. Long time Buzz user - started in, what, '99? Hi!)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

retrigger wrote:I use Fergo Joystick to get my joystick to midi. It's not buzz, but midi can do a lot of shit!

I Wish i could use rejoice or glove pie in win7...
I'll have to check out fergo joystick. I never managed to get my ps2 controller glovepie script to work, and the support for glovepie isnt always there. carl kenner seems like a pretty busy guy and that forum is overflowing with questions. sadly he seems to be the only person who can answer them and i can understand that he doesnt have the time.
Anthon Berg

Post by Anthon Berg »

tinga

Post by tinga »

:evil: Same problem again, I've a new laptop, and xinput doesn't work, what is the version number for directx to make it work?
(dx 11 is on my computer, under win7 ultimate)
tinga

Post by tinga »

OK, I just installed dx10 and now it works...