what's te easiest way to import .mid and change machine?

AndersBrontosaurus

what's te easiest way to import .mid and change machine?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Hi.
I have understood how to import .midfiles and play them in qsamo but what if i want to play the .mid through another machine, what'sthe easist way to do it?

/Anders
Last edited by AndersBrontosaurus on Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boombaxx

Re: what's te easiset way to import .mid and change machine?

Post by boombaxx »

use midi send select the new machine
AndersBrontosaurus

Re: what's te easiest way to import .mid and change machine?

Ah. I think i get it. It almost seemed too brilliant and easy. And it was...
I have to open Qsamo as a polac VSTi, right?
For some reason I can't. I'm having issues opening any machine that's called something with ...GUI.dll as VSTi.
Any suggestions why?

Anders
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

gui refers to user interface so no. Just keep copying and pasting qsamo what else do you need :D. It is better to learn one synth very well than a dozen that you know bits of
AndersBrontosaurus

You've got a point but right now I'm trying to figure out .midfiles and Buzz. Mastering Qsamo is for another year...

Can I send midifiles via scalewalker by any chance?
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

It depends on which machine you want to import a midi file.

Infector by example works as Qsamo, use Pianoroll and hit the import button to get your midi file played by the synth. This doesnt work with GreenMilk (by default).

As written in the help of Pianoroll :
"Target machine must be set to accept midi on chanel 1 (set polac vsti MIDI in mode to all). The following options should be enabled: Master keyboard mode, MIDI filtering, subtick timing)."

You can play a midi file in GreenMilk. Load a midi file in PianoRoll. Right click on the GreenMilk machine in Machine view, select Attributes and go to Midi chan (0=off) and select 1 (it's 0 by default).
GreenMilk.jpg
GreenMilk.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
It plays your midi file. But if you have polyphony in your midi file it wont be played. To have polyphony you can add tracks to PatternXP (same number of tracks than the number of notes max in polyphony) before importing midi file in PianoRoll or if you forget it, just came back to PatternXP and back to PianoRoll again. This will create automaticaly new tracks.

If you use a machine that doesnt implement midi notes, you'll have a message (in red at up left of PianoRoll view) : This machine doesnt implement MIDI
Anyway these machines dont have Attributes in right click in Machien View...

BUT!!!

You also have some machines that have midi stuff in parameters of machines. Fuzzpilz Octopus (and some other Fuzzpilz synths) have a midi parameters like midi channel, midi mode and polyphony in parameters of the machine but not in Attributes (Attributes is greyed). :shock:
Octopus.jpg
Octopus.jpg (69.33 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
So keep an eye to red message in PianoRoll to be sure your machine accepts midi file.

A trick : if you change presets in some synths while a midi file is imported and Midi channel is on 1, the change of presets resets the MIDI mode back to default (so midi channel will be back to zero).

Dont forget that it's better to import a single instrument in midi file than a complete song. In this case only the first instrument will be played (or all together in some midi files) :cry:

In this case use Midi2Peer C2 from Kazuya to be able to affect each instrument of the midi file to different synths.

Check this : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2298&hilit=kazuya

I hope this helps, its based on my own experience 8-)