Subpatterns wa?

onecircles

Subpatterns wa?

Post by onecircles »

I never learned how to use the subpatterns and subpattern effects. Searching today didn't reveal much to me. other than:

"Subpatterns (allow you to trigger other patterns of the same machine)
Subpattern effect 01 Play mode (00 = normal, 01 = loop, 02 = reverse, 03 = reverse loop)
Subpattern effect 02 Offset in rows
Subpattern effect 11/12 Diatonic transpose up/down (first digit = key (0=C, 1=C#, ...), second digit = amount)"

I haven't gotten this feature to work yet. I'll do some more experiments of my own tomorrow, but would appreciate any input from the wizards. Seems like a very powerful feature.
thepr0f

Re: Subpatterns wa?

Post by thepr0f »

I've used sub-patterns for poly-rhythm stuff, e.g. whet I've got a beat in 4/4 but want a fill in triplets or want a 3-against-4 pattern.

It's pretty easy to use. Just create another pattern like normal and trigger it from the 'parent' pattern using the sub-pattern controls, just like you would with an instrument or sample.
onecircles

Re: Subpatterns wa?

Post by onecircles »

OK got that working, thanks for the help guys. I didn't realize that it only triggers patterns from the same machine. Had waaaaay too much fun using the diatonic transpose and reverse effects.

One more Q: what are the global subpatterns for?